• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A few months ago, I put my Walther P1, with 3 factory mags, in the classifieds. I immediately received 7-8 messages before a "buy it now" closed the ad. The "buy it now" guy was a deadbeat and after 6 weeks I left him a negative review.
    I relisted the item (same price) only to hear crickets in the classifieds. Is there a new batch at all the wholesalers I'm unaware of, or am I missing something? I find it odd that my "hot" item is no longer of any interest to anybody.

EDIT- It is in VG condition with the import mark discretely on the bottom of the barrel.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Seen you relist it a few times. I don't know if you want a fair price or not but it struck me as more than I'd spend on a P1. I'm not educated on their value, it may just be me being a cheap SOB.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It’s a nice gun if I had a c&r id snag it. Not sure I want to go through the transfer drama

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It’s a nice gun if I had a c&r id snag it. Not sure I want to go through the transfer drama

YOU DON"T!!!!!! need a C&R to buy it.
    You don't need an HQL to buy it.

You can transfer at MSP barracks and you nor the seller need C&R.
    If the item is C&R (and a P1 is indeed C&R) then during the transfer, the C&R item check box is checked and MSP will not ask for HQL

77r electronic is pretty easy process.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

If the item is C&R (and a P1 is indeed C&R) then during the transfer, the C&R item check box is checked and MSP will not ask for HQL

I know. But time and distance comes into play.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

No C&R and no HQL required - Is that right?

Jul 1, 2012
    TO answer the original question, as someone who looks at thousands of P38 listings :)
    • It's still a little high (try $395 as $400 is a psychological barrier)
    • The one pic is way too dark
    • Need more description, e.g. details on any wear, bore condition, etc
    • Any date markings on slide? stuff like that
    • Does it have the reinforcing hex pin, and "fat" slide? (close-up of slide serration shown). These features are better since this is purely a shooter due to import mark.
    • List markings on magazines (are they genuine Walther, TripleK, etc?)
    • More pics, show full right side, show any slide markings, etc
    • List any maintenance like replacing springs, etc
    • Finally, MDS'ers are notorious cheapskates (myself included)

Attachments

• fat slide.jpg
      fat slide.jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 717
    Jul 1, 2012
    To follow up, a couple of nice clean, bright pics can make the difference between, "meh, maybe I'll ask about it" to "hell yeah, I wanna go see it" (and $300 to $450).

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    [*]Finally, MDS'ers are notorious cheapskates
    [/LIST]

You ain't a kiddin' brother!! I don't even list anything for sale on this forum because of that. I hate to say that because I've met some exceptional people here but it's true unfortunately.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    A few months ago, I put my Walther P1, with 3 factory mags, in the classifieds. I immediately received 7-8 messages before a "buy it now" closed the ad. The "buy it now" guy was a deadbeat and after 6 weeks I left him a negative review.
    I relisted the item (same price) only to hear crickets in the classifieds. Is there a new batch at all the wholesalers I'm unaware of, or am I missing something? I find it odd that my "hot" item is no longer of any interest to anybody.

EDIT- It is in VG condition with the import mark discretely on the bottom of the barrel.

If you want to sell, get in contact with Legacy, they are the Pro'sFromDover for WWI & WWII Collectible firearms.

Check out their pricing for P1's.

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/

Jul 1, 2012
    Legacy doesn't mess with post-war P1's very much, esp import-marked stuff.
    He'll take it on trade sometimes; I've never seen him offer a post-war P1 on the website, those usually go to GB for $1 auction.

Hopefully this P1 hasn't become the new congas :)

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Legacy doesn't mess with post-war P1's very much, esp import-marked stuff.
    He'll take it on trade sometimes; I've never seen him offer a post-war P1 on the website, those usually go to GB for $1 auction.

Hopefully this P1 hasn't become the new congas :)

I made a mistake and didn't read the whole thread, if I would have seen your post, to myself I would have said "THE ProFromDover" is on the JOB.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    You might do better on GunBroker. The price isn't unreasonable, but an in-state transfer requires jumping through too many hoops. As an example, I live in Southern Maryland. Baltimore is a two hours drive up the road...meaning that I'm much better off to buy something from out of state and take it on my C&R license than to spend four hours driving to file paperwork, then another four hours driving to pick the gun up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom