• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi all - looking for info and recommendations on indoor ranges in close proximity to Hagerstown - new to the gun bit and need to get sone range time in - also if they rent guns to use there - even better!

Don't mind a little bit of a drive - Frederick, chambersburg, etc??

Thanks!

Thanks! Called Shooters Range this evening actually and got their info, just in case anyone else is looking for it: they are open Tuesday - Friday from 11a-8p (last in at 7:20p), Saturday from 9a-5p and Sunday 1p-5p (last in at 4:20p on both Sa/Su). I think he said $6.50 for a half hour/$11 for full and 2nd person on a shared lane is half price.

Of course, he also told me to start shooting a .22 instead of jumping right in to my new shiny S&W M&P9 JG.... but the jury's still out on that :)

Valleen

Apr 27, 2011
    Martinsburg
    Hi...im new to this and still tring to figure out this website. LOL But I am also looking for Indoor ranges close to Hagerstown. And I'm also looking for a used Glock 17.

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    Hey JourneyGirl, forget the .22, since you already have the 9mil! Just make sure to lean foraward, into the weapon - Try to keep your weight forward. Some girls don't even have to concentrate on this, of course they will also have back problems later in life :toothless

If you need someone to stand behind you and hold your hands in the proper position while mouth-breathing in your ear, let me know. ( Picture the Dude's dream in "The big Lebowski") .... seriously tho, welcome to the board. Your and Valleen both!:bannana:

Gigantopithicus

Damn Dirty Ape
    Dec 20, 2010
    Hagersbush
    Why do you require an indoor range?

The Issac Walton League just outside of Hagerstown on Rt. 40 has an indoor range, but you can only shoot .22 cal. They also have a fully enclosed pistol house. (You're inside the house shooting at outdoor targets.)

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina

The Issac Walton League just outside of Hagerstown on Rt. 40 has an indoor range, but you can only shoot .22 cal. They also have a fully enclosed pistol house. (You're inside the house shooting at outdoor targets.)

But you have to be a member there.

I'm a member there and it's cheaper than most private clubs. Click this for information http://www.washcoiwla.com/ .

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    iwla is only 70.00 a year. I looked into a few clubs and some are over 250.00 or more per year some weigh in at around the 500 mark. Its a well maintained facility and they don't tollerate rifraf which is nice. Though i still have no idea why they keep letting me join :)

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    iwla is only 70.00 a year. I looked into a few clubs and some are over 250.00 or more per year some weigh in at around the 500 mark. Its a well maintained facility and they don't tollerate rifraf which is nice. Though i still have no idea why they keep letting me join :)

Agreed :D

Dan-o

fly in the wall
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hagerstown
    The indoor range at valley guns is pretty nice.
    They are a little bit on the pricey side. They have an indoor pistol range which is pretty slick and are working on completing an indoor rifle range. I think its 250 a year for anytime use and 200 for a punch card that gets you 10 hours of shooting time with no time frame attached.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    The indoor range at valley guns is pretty nice.
    They are a little bit on the pricey side. They have an indoor pistol range which is pretty slick and are working on completing an indoor rifle range. I think its 250 a year for anytime use and 200 for a punch card that gets you 10 hours of shooting time with no time frame attached.

Hey Dan decided to post what a rare occasion; full moon?; end of the world coming?; snow in June? peace in the middle east? :D

Dan-o

fly in the wall
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hagerstown
    HAHAHA.... Nah, I hear that there is an inner sanctum open only to those who have more posts than I...... Therefore I shall seek this sanctuary of inner firearms peace and will pursue it as a precious jewel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom