• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Amazingly generous Boundless - an 8hr event with 12 lanes available (with reservation through the link in the OP) for MDS members, meaning 96 hrs of range time shared with this community.

Moreover, Clandestine is bringing the SOTAR trailer to the range parking lot.

One week before the Presidential elections, to boot! Will be a fun and perhaps stressful time to get together.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is it going to be ok with the range management to have my trailer open in the parking lot and me giving demonstrations or doing inspections?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is it going to be ok with the range management to have my trailer open in the parking lot and me giving demonstrations or doing inspections?
    I expect it to be fine but I will clarify for you tomorrow sir. Please pick up at least a general admission ticket if you won't be shooting so we can have an accurate head count.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Bump. Rouge catering will be providing the food again. More great door prizes this year. Come shoot with your friends just before the most important election of our lifetime.

We are a mdshooters IP!

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

My apologies for the delay in responding to this. I called you yesterday and sent you a text message. You are good to go, as a matter of fact this is what the range said:

"This will be great! Looking forward to having him at the facility. I will make sure we have an area in the parking lot for him to set up. Will he be teaching a course(s) throughout the day?"

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My apologies for the delay in responding to this. I called you yesterday and sent you a text message. You are good to go, as a matter of fact this is what the range said:

"This will be great! Looking forward to having him at the facility. I will make sure we have an area in the parking lot for him to set up. Will he be teaching a course(s) throughout the day?"

This is great.

I think that was my google voice #. I have been having a tough time with that. I do t get texts on that line either.

I messaged you with my personal cell.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This is great.

I think that was my google voice #. I have been having a tough time with that. I do t get texts on that line either.

I messaged you with my personal cell.
    Cool I will lock it in. So I guess the question is, are you doing armorer classes or demos?

Time is running out register for the Dottrio shoot today! The event is on 10/29/16. This is not spam. We are a mdshooters industry partner! https://dottrio.eventbrite.com

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Cool I will lock it in. So I guess the question is, are you doing armorer classes or demos?

I planned on doing short demonstrations and allowing observers hand me their AR components to be gauged or they can just observe if the range is ok with that.

One of the 3 most interesting demos are as follows:

Barrel Demonstration
    This includes a bore scope scope check, gas port alignment check, headspace check, throat gauging, muzzle erosion, and bore straightness gauge.

Bolt Group Demonstration
    This includes gauging the gas key, gas key bolt test, inspection of the carrier and bolt, gas key obstruction test, carrier variation identification, extractor inspection, firing pin protrusion gauge, firing pin bore gauge, small component examination, extractor spring identification, and ejector test.

Gas System and Alignment Demonstration
    This includes gauging the gas tube flange, testing gas tube alignment, gas port alignment, and gauging the gas tube for obstructions.

During down time and betwwen demos, I may be able to help look at troublesome AR's but only if its ok with the range.

Im a stickler for safety. No ammo in or near the trailer. Im a stickler for Muzzle Awareness, Trigger Finger awareness, Mechanical Safety use, Chamber Flag use, and Clearing Bucket Use (Sand Bucket). The above is part of my "weapons handling routine".

I do not plan to sell or charge for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom