• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Change of plans for me, I can stick around and close up if needed as well so I’ll be there for the afternoon.

I’ll also be bring Along Oldline44 with me to help out who is excited to help out and will represent MSI well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:party29: Thank you! :mdpatriot

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    it looks like you will have both Michael Burke AND Biggfoot44 working with you tomorrow...so your training should be complete by lunchtime ;)

I agree! I was fortunate enough to have those two at the table with me, a few weeks ago, along with Art and Katie. They got me quickly up to speed with the basics, and then I watched and listened to the conversations that those four had with the attendees. Biggfoot44 helped me with "the elevator pitch", that allowed me to engage with passersby. Then, I picked up a lot, by just observing the team in action.

Apart from watching and listening, I'd recommend that you grab a copy of the "Fight to Protect Your Civil Rights" brochure, and study it during the downtime, as that document outlines who MSI is, and what MSI does.

Either way, thank you for volunteering!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It was a pleasure working with our two first-time volunteers today !

A couple of shows are coming up , plenty of opportunities for more new volunteers . Free admission to shows, discounts from many vendors, earn credit towards your MSI dues, and most importantly personal satisfaction while supporting the good cause .

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Man, I am tired: I posted this in the wrong thread earlier! :sad20: Luckily, I can cut & paste. :D Anyway, "Quickly approaching my first 24 hours as a member of MSI... I may be going to Patient First later. To make a long story short: worked at the table from before 9:00 to about 2:30+ as part of the team & alone; feet sore & swollen; titanium knee swollen; ears ringing; voice horse; backache; very stiff/twisted neck (stumbled on the walkway, leaving); emotional downer (should have bought that 1917 Colt last evening {gone this morning} & Colt Police Positive & maybe the Mossberg camo 20 gauge youth model); all enthused with the possibility of getting a concealed carry while I'm still young enough to use it.

So, working the Timonium Show next weekend will probably kill me. Nonetheless, I'm planning to......if she'll let me.":innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. Bel Air Legion has lots of steps, and can be tricky .

The Good News is Timonium is all one level , and spread out more , so we'll have plenty of room for an extra chair for you to take a load off .

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    It was a pleasure working with our two first-time volunteers today !

A couple of shows are coming up , plenty of opportunities for more new volunteers . Free admission to shows, discounts from many vendors, earn credit towards your MSI dues, and most importantly personal satisfaction while supporting the good cause .

It was good seeing you and spending the afternoon supporting MSI. Congrats to Oldline44 on his first show, I know hes excited to do many more in the future:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom