• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Technically I would, but my current home is really small I really have no space for all that equipment. I also hear that it's not worth it at this current time because ammo prices are so low. That's just what I hear not saying is true or not.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

My entire setup folds up into a drawer. I reload for .45 ACP, .38/.357. If you are shooting primarily 9mm, it's still really cheap to buy factory ammo.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Technically I would, but my current home is really small I really have no space for all that equipment. I also hear that it's not worth it at this current time because ammo prices are so low. That's just what I hear not saying is true or not.

If all you are going to do is blast away and not care, then don't worry about reloading right now. If you want more accurate ammo than factory bulk ammo, for a bit less than factory bulk ammo, then reload.

I'm generating match grade 308 for about 50 cents per round. During the Obama years that same match grade ammo from the factory was $1.50-2.50 a round, depending on sale or rebate. Right now factory match ammo is about $1.00 a round. See where this is starting to go?

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    If all you are going to do is blast away and not care, then don't worry about reloading right now. If you want more accurate ammo than factory bulk ammo, for a bit less than factory bulk ammo, then reload.

I'm generating match grade 308 for about 50 cents per round. During the Obama years that same match grade ammo from the factory was $1.50-2.50 a round, depending on sale or rebate. Right now factory match ammo is about $1.00 a round. See where this is starting to go?
    Yeah I see that's just what I was told didn't go any further into it. I just got some bad news my application was put on hold.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That shoulder bag would be useful for the same role I consider fanny packs , but more with current trends, and not expose you to as much ribbing on MDS :

Camouflaged gun case ; and least worst way to carry if the uniform of the day is Speedo's and flip flops .

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    That shoulder bag would be useful for the same role I consider fanny packs , but more with current trends, and not expose you to as much ribbing on MDS :

Camouflaged gun case ; and least worst way to carry if the uniform of the day is Speedo's and flip flops .
    Lol

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Best thing from my side.

Go to the next local gun show. There will be several vendors selling range bags. Look at them, see what looks good, buy it and use it.

Then, if is not working out for you, decide WHY and buy another one without those flaws.

They are not that expensive, and if you get around to having more firearms, having more than one range bag is common.

I have several for pistols. One small one for a single handgun and ammo to the range. I used this when I was shooting a .22 rimfire bulleyes league.

I have a larger one that was my USPSA pistol bag. One pistol, mags, some basic supplied, timer, so forth.

And a larger bag for taking a number of firearms to the range.

Except for the USPSA bag, the handguns are in individual pistol rugs (soft cases) to keep them to dinging each other.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    For the gun safe I'm going with the Rapid Safe 4800 KP

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads