• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I got a Primary Arms Blem Prism sight a while ago that I finally mounted. It's a 3x model. I'm not sure if it's me, or the scope, but I have to get my eye really close to the scope to see start get through it. Not scope eye close, but the eye relief can't be more than 3 inches. Prior to getting close, I can see the reticle, but the field of view seems blocked and I can only see through about half the sight. Once I get closer, the sight picture is fine. Any answers on this one for me?

That is the nature of prism scopes. You trade eye relief for field of view. Eye relief for the Primary Arms scopes is slightly different for every shooter but are between 2.5 and 3.0 inches.

An ACOG has around 1.5 inch eye relief for comparison.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    That is the nature of prism scopes. You trade eye relief for field of view. Eye relief for the Primary Arms scopes is slightly different for every shooter but are between 2.5 and 3.0 inches.

yup and the vortex line is 2.8 inches eye relief for the 3x and 3.8 for the 1x spitfire prism scopes.

love my 1x btw

LS1

Jun 19, 2010
    Not So Free State
    I'm a fan of the old style spitfire 1x with the removable base, you can get them on closeout now that the spitfire ar is out. I've tried all the red dots out there and none of them worked well for me, I started to replace all of them once I tried the spitfire, only issue to me is it a good bit heavier than the red dots. Also considering a vortex viper PST gen 2 1-6x for something more than 1x.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County

Ok then. I appreciate it. I guess I'm just used to my other red dots.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm a fan of the old style spitfire 1x with the removable base, you can get them on closeout now that the spitfire ar is out. I've tried all the red dots out there and none of them worked well for me, I started to replace all of them once I tried the spitfire, only issue to me is it a good bit heavier than the red dots. Also considering a vortex viper PST gen 2 1-6x for something more than 1x.
    The OG Spitfire 1x is my choice for PCCs when you don't want to use a reflex sight. The dual circle reticle is very fast to use, and the illumination is pretty solid.

As for scopes, consider the Sig Whiskey5 1-5x with Hellfire reticle. It's running ~$400 on eBay, it's made in Japan, the glass is terrific, and the illumination is just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom