• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I am spending more time out in the Morgantown area and would like some suggestions on gun stores which I can add to my list of places to check periodically.

I'm generally just north of the 68/79 interchange near the WVU basketball coliseum and am looking for reloading components, magazines and some ammo. I'm stopping by the sportsmen's warehouse today when I take my youngest to rifle practice.

Are there other good stores nearby which are worth stopping in?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah that sportsmans warehouse has a lotta stuff, similar to cabelas.

there's a mcfly's in/near clarksburg, but it's pretty small. if you go down 79 a little further to rt 33 east, they have a really good store off georgetown road, again a really good selection.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Defense in Depth has a very nice indoor range as well as a well-stocked retail area:

https://www.defenseindepth.pro/

The range here is definitely worth checking out. Nice store, but gun prices are high.

Second Amendment Sport and Defense was my go-to LGS. Great owner, inventory, prices. They were very close to where you are, but the owner just sold his shop to ATR. I do not know the status of them reopening the shop yet. May be up and running.

ATR has a spot in Fairmont with an indoor range. I stopped in one day to check them out after they had opened. Behind the counter, a tv showing security footage from inside the range showed that it was empty. I asked to pop in so I could check it out and was told no. I haven’t been back since. And doubt I check out their new location in the former Second Amendment Sport & Defense either.

Sportsmans Warehouse, as noted above. Nothing special, typical box store gun selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    The range here is definitely worth checking out. Nice store, but gun prices are high.

Second Amendment Sport and Defense was my go-to LGS. Great owner, inventory, prices. They were very close to where you are, but the owner just sold his shop to ATR. I do not know the status of them reopening the shop yet. May be up and running.

ATR has a spot in Fairmont with an indoor range. I stopped in one day to check them out after they had opened. Behind the counter, a tv showing security footage from inside the range showed that it was empty. I asked to pop in so I could check it out and was told no. I haven’t been back since. And doubt I check out their new location in the former Second Amendment Sport & Defense either.

Sportsmans Warehouse, as noted above. Nothing special, typical box store gun selection.

Thx

Have family in fairmont and have been into ATR - didn’t realize they were moving north via a purchase. Rifle practice days have fairly tight schedules given the drive out/back timeline - will build a list of places to stop in and check out

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Thx

Have family in fairmont and have been into ATR - didn’t realize they were moving north via a purchase. Rifle practice days have fairly tight schedules given the drive out/back timeline - will build a list of places to stop in and check out

The range at Defense in Depth is the nicest I’ve been to. The target system has about 30-40 different built in practice drills (moving, spinning the target, etc). Full digital operation. Very nice, wide stalls. They have a very nice set up there, and you may see more DiDs in the future. They want to expand nationally, from my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom