• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've been looking for Federal Small Pistol Primers, as the cup is softer than other brands and it reliably ignites in my competition guns. It seems everyone is out and no backorders.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    They have been in short supply for a while now. I used to use them exclusively but couldn't find any type of Federal primer so I stopped using them. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Ken

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Looking online, the only place I can find with them in stock is Reloading Unlimited but theyre $35/1000. I was at BPS a week ago and didn't see any Federal primers. CCI seem to be plentiful.

Ken

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I found some at Gander Mountain, $3.99 per 100 :sad20: I found a local reloading supplier, they had Federal Match SPP for $40 per thousand. I believe I'll just buy a few thousand of those if I have to pay basically the same amount for the regular Federals.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I have also had a terrible time finding federal spps. I have resorted to winchester and S&B. Found S&B today at the DE cabelas for $20.99 per 1000. Thought it was a great deal especially with no sales tax!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have also had a terrible time finding federal spps. I have resorted to winchester and S&B. Found S&B today at the DE cabelas for $20.99 per 1000. Thought it was a great deal especially with no sales tax!

I can get S&B primers for $25 per thousand, but they're harder than the Federals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom