• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Krebs voted for this (just like she did for the bump-stock bill.

At least Rose voted against this turd, as did Shoemaker.

And Saab voted Aye, too. Maybe he didn't read the final bill after committee amendments? Wouldn't surprise me.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am shocked that so many we have stood for and seen on the pavement in Annapolis turned their backs on us . I really can't believe it . Shocked and Hurt . SMH

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Politicians are snakes and will use second amendment supporters until we're no longer useful.

We've reached that point.

I'm genuinely shocked at how many people are genuinely shocked.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I had just signed up to volunteer for Kathy Szeliga. Now, I'm not so sure.

How can someone who professes to being a defender of the 2nd Amendment, ever vote for this Bill?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

How can someone who professes to being a defender of the 2nd Amendment, ever vote for this Bill?

"We had to pass it, so we could read it."

I can only hope that they didn't catch the "Any other interested party" language.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

I understand what Rack was saying earlier about politicians doing the calculus on their supporters when it comes to voting for bills. Those who we thought were on our side made their choices and now we can make ours.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

To answer your question as best as possible .

I am thinking they all talked and said we have to do this because what are our supporters going to do if they band together . We can't get rid of all of them thru voting .
    So most of them went against us , and will take a gamble .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Even if they made a mistake and didn't understand what they voted for, would they admit it?

Or did they vote for it knowing that if they didn't, they'd never be able to educate and explain why to their constituents?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    To answer your question as best as possible .

I am thinking they all talked and said we have to do this because what are our supporters going to do if they band together . We can't get rid of all of them thru voting .
    So most of them went against us , and will take a gamble .

I think pretty much in line with what you said is that they figured that the gun rights supporters will always vote Republican, because the choice on the other side is always so unthinkable. What they forget is that it's not just about getting your supporters to choose you and not the other guy. It's about getting your supporters motivated enough to get up, stand in line, and actually go vote for you. Something a lot of gun owners might not be particularly motivated to do in the coming election given these recent votes. They chose Party politics and giving Hogan the chance to look good and not have to make a decision (heaven forbid he have to make a decision someone didn't like) on something and choose to exercise a veto or not.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Tell her no, and tell her why.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think pretty much in line with what you said is that they figured that the gun rights supporters will always vote Republican, because the choice on the other side is always so unthinkable. What they forget is that it's not just about getting your supporters to choose you and not the other guy. It's about getting your supporters motivated enough to get up, stand in line, and actually go vote for you. Something a lot of gun owners might not be particularly motivated to do in the coming election given these recent votes. They chose Party politics and giving Hogan the chance to look good and not have to make a decision (heaven forbid he have to make a decision someone didn't like) on something and choose to exercise a veto or not.

Agreed :thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Tell her no, and tell her why.

Oh, she'll have complete and full understanding of my feelings. I have already expressed by distain for her actions and I will not be part of her political gain after she voted for that Bill.

I'd suggest everyone spend money like it was September 2016 again. This time, maybe not talk so much about their purchases.

Just one man's opinion.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    HB1302-"The Neighborhood Bag Lady Can Take Your Guns" bill

So when does this one go into effect? Immediately or Oct. 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member