• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Most private citizens are selling their USED firearms. It's the selling of 6 unfired ARs of the exact same make and model that raises questions about "collecting" vs. re-selling for profit.

I have seen thinly disguised ATF agents appearing to be "interested buyers" quizzing walk-around sellers at gun shows offering multiple firearms.

The ATF will allow a collector maintaining a display at 2 shows a year for the sole purpose of liquidating inventory.
    NOT a C&R collector, NOT a Designated Collector. Just a collector. No extra hoops.

No designation of unfired, fired, used, new or anything.

I've heard rumors that the kids at the Bureau of All Things Fun & Entertaining won't prosecute unless you bypass the 10-15% net income derived from firearm sales. But have found no guidance in the written law.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not necessarily wisdom if you get on the ATF radar as an unlicensed dealer by posting ads to resell new stock at a profit to strangers.

Transfers just within your social circle, maybe, but then you'd be selling as a gouger to your friends. Not a good plan.

Wouldn't these be FTF sales?

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    This is expired?

As of now, it is still available for sale. I bought one this evening because I'm familiar with them and the quality is worth much more than
    $400 to me. I couldn't even pay myself less to build one from scratch. Hard to say no.

http://grabagun.com/del-ton-echo-316-m-lok-5-56mm-16-blk.html

Or the base version also advertised as HEAVY PROFILE for $20 less. $7.99 flat rate shipping too.

http://grabagun.com/del-ton-echo-316h-lite-optics-ready-black-223-5-56-nato-16-inch-30rd.html

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Not necessarily wisdom if you get on the ATF radar as an unlicensed dealer by posting ads to resell new stock at a profit to strangers.

Transfers just within your social circle, maybe, but then you'd be selling as a gouger to your friends. Not a good plan.

Wouldn't these be FTF sales?

Yes, but is the seller that is focused on a good profit going to advertise?

That's the pinch: advertise regularly online and attract ATF scrutiny, or sell to people you chat up--likely to be acquaintances--who may resent the profit margin that makes it worth it....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes, but is the seller that is focused on a good profit going to advertise?

That's the pinch: advertise regularly online and attract ATF scrutiny, or sell to people you chat up--likely to be acquaintances--who may resent the profit margin that makes it worth it....

I can't speak for anyone else but me, I've sold my fair share of firearms in the past. Everything was completely legal and sometimes I had more than 6 firearms listed for sale on multiple forums. I've got 4 listed right now on MDS. I've never heard of anyone being targeted until they were selling a lot of new firearms(dozens). I've bought in bulk and sold in bulk too. If someone buys a few firearms and then decides to sell them in a year or 2, I don't see a problem. Maybe the ATF would look at you if you're buying a lot and selling them right away. But with these being FTF transfers, I'm not sure they have the resources to look at everyone who may be selling off part of their collection.

Now all of this goes away if you're stupid and start advertising your flipping firearms. They may take a closer look at you at that point.

But I have to say, I doubt anyone is ever going to find these firearms any cheaper. It would seem that they would make a good investment. I can see you making a better return on your investment than almost any other form where you're spending less than $10k.

Lets say you buy $10k worth of these firearms. Hold on to them for say 7 1/2 years or more. I can't imagine you loosing any money on the deal. So these are just as effective as a savings account. With the possibility of doing much better.

Something to think about!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Went shooting with a buddy/co worker yesterday and he has one of these Del-Tons...he bought it within the last year and I'm sure paid more than that for it. Shot great with no issues. My wallet has been smoldering the past few months with all of the great prices. I think its starting to flame now.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Is it Maryland compliant? 30 round mag, I'm guessing they won't ship to MD.

Edit: Del-Ton site says they won't ship to MD http://www.del-ton.com/DTI_16_Carbine_MOE_Rifle_p/rfth16-mlok.htm
    I didn't read anything on G-A-G saying that they wouldn't ship to MD. I was under the impression that they would either remove the mag for shipping or the FFL simply wouldn't transfer the gun with the mag.

I know for a fact MD FFLS get 30rd mags with firearms through their distributors on a regular basis. They just have to pull them before selling the weapon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Went shooting with a buddy/co worker yesterday and he has one of these Del-Tons...he bought it within the last year and I'm sure paid more than that for it. Shot great with no issues. My wallet has been smoldering the past few months with all of the great prices. I think its starting to flame now.

I've got one I'll sell ya at cost..... $650

Is it Maryland compliant? 30 round mag, I'm guessing they won't ship to MD.

Edit: Del-Ton site says they won't ship to MD http://www.del-ton.com/DTI_16_Carbine_MOE_Rifle_p/rfth16-mlok.htm

These would be sold by GAG not DelTon. Pretty sure they would just pull the mag before shipping

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Too silly of a deal. I got one. Darnit. Fathers day! Ya, thats it.

I paid more than this w LEO discount years ago, granted a RRA but still!

This and a $17 TRS25... I will be in for a great AR at $450!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom