• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    This may be YMMV so please read on for what I know.

BJs is having a big sale on some items during the week of June 12-18 and one of the items is a Stack-On 24 Gun Safe.

http://www.bjs.com/stack-on-24-gun-fire-safe-with-electronic-lock.product.286694

The price according to my most recent mailer will be $300. Right now my local warehouse has this same safe for $450 (even this isn't bad). I spoke with the folks at the front desk and they SAID I could purchase the safe now then return to the store duriong the sale to process a refund/price adjustment. By the way, the $450 price is only good in-store as far as I know. You should be able to use the attached link to search your own store to see if they carry/stock this particular safe. My local store is the one in Millsboro, DE so no sales tax to boot. I've reservedmine online and expect to pick it up tomorrow at the store. The Millsboro store had about a half dozen in stock on the floor.

Not sure why the pic is sideways but I think you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3510.JPG
      IMG_3510.JPG
      56.7 KB · Views: 1,213

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    My experience with BJs sales is the product will be out of stock until just after the sale ends... Not sure exactly how that works.

(There's gonna be an out-of-context comment come along very soon now... I can feel it...)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My experience with BJs sales is the product will be out of stock until just after the sale ends... Not sure exactly how that works.

(There's gonna be an out-of-context comment come along very soon now... I can feel it...)

I know, right! I like to imagine a board room filled with business executives forming their new company, and not one of them said "wait a minute, why don't we call it JB's?"

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I see this thread is derailing quickly.

Ok, you asked for it!

When I used to buy office supplies, for work, from BJ's I always got a chuckle out of reading the receipts when I got back to work.

Paper towels showed up as BJ towels, those bleach wipes: BJ wipes.
    And my all time favorite was the red and white mints: BJ mints!

It never got old

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Ok, you asked for it!

When I used to buy office supplies, for work, from BJ's I always got a chuckle out of reading the receipts when I got back to work.

Paper towels showed up as BJ towels, those bleach wipes: BJ wipes.
    And my all time favorite was the red and white mints: BJ mints!

It never got old

And that's exactly why I made sure to put "Warehouse" in the title. I've been reading this crew in action for a good while.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Let us know how it works out when you pick it up. I'm interested in this deal and will be following closely as I'm just over in Denton.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So, this morning I went to the BERKELEY JENSEN (aka, BJs for those looking for a chuckle to brighten their day) Warehouse club in Millsboro, DE and picked up my safe. At the moment, the price is $450 out the door. I confirmed with the staffer that I could return for a price adjustment (to $300) once the sales price takes effect on June 12. She did say that I would need my ORIGINAL RECEIPT. Not sure why, as all that is computerized but I'm just passing along what I was told. I do NOT have to bring the safe back to the store for the price adjustment, just the original receipt.

I also used the "Reserve Online" feature so that they already had it on a cart by the Customer Service counter.

Let me say, that sucker is HEAVY. Well over 300 pounds, at least boxed up. I have not opened it as I will wait until I have gotten the price adjustment just in case.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I'd be all over that if we had BJ's here. Had to get a Sam's membership.

Ugggh, I have all 3, and the $100/$110 memberships. Usually works out for me. I got ~$480 back from Costco. Sam's they ask me if I want to use my $$ at the register.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Says $650 in the link??

Not sure what store your shopping but when I click on the link it shows two prices - $650 shipped and $450 IN-STORE (my store being the Millsboro, DE store). The $300 sale starts June 12 as I pointed out on my OP. I chose to purchase it now at the $450 price given that I was told twice by store personnel that I could return DURING THE SALE PERIOD to get a price adjustment. That way I'm assured of actually getting one.

If I missed your point, let me know. Maybe, if you're shopping a different store, it needs to be stocked at that store for the $450 price to show up?

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So how do you like the product?

I have not opened mine yet. I need help getting it into the house plus I'm going to wait to make sure my price adjustment works out before I unpackage it. I currently own a 14 gun Stack-On that is full (yes, I didn't listen to all those on here who said to buy larger) and which I paid more than I will pay for this one. For me, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom