• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dkmillerii

Dec 23, 2012
    Freeland, MD
    When I teach a MD HQL or MD Wear & Carry class, I do the classroom portion at a student's home. Small groups - individual instruction.

When it's range time, we venture just over the PA line to the range where I'm a member and have permission to bring students.

I had a student question going to a range in PA. This student was under the impression that all classroom and range instruction had to be done within the confines of the republic of Maryland.

I've searched and searched and I can't find confirmation or any information that refutes this students question.

My next step is to ask MSP, but prefer not to draw attention to it with them if not needed.

Can anyone on here point me to documentation stating class/range must be in MD?

Thanks,
    DK

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    i think, so long as the instructor is a valid MARYLAND licensed instructor, location of instruction shouldn't matter. i teach in MD, PA, VA. no issues. HUNTER SAFETY courses maybe different? :smoke:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    i think, so long as the instructor is a valid MARYLAND licensed instructor, location of instruction shouldn't matter. i teach in MD, PA, VA. no issues. HUNTER SAFETY courses maybe different? :smoke:

A person may take a hunter safety course in any state (even Texas 100% online hunter safety course - long thread here on MDS about this) and use the resulting card to get their Maryland hunting license or to satisfy thee MD HQL training requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom