What training are YOU planning to take in 2016?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I need an advanced carbine or pistol class on a Sunday. Lotta great options for Friday-Sat-Sun or Sat-Sun, but I can't do those.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    in addition to the NRA training counselor workshop in april, i will also be taking the MAG80 course in harrisburg in August. forgot to mention the IDPA SAFETY OFFICER course completed last month at FREDERICK IWLA.

reminder, there is an IDPA match on the 19th, come out for an hour or so and just watch, you'll be inspired (hopefully). please contact ttmd here to get more details.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    In addition to the usual classes at CMCT I'm signed up for Tac Pistol/Rifle Operator at CSAT in March.

Going to try and take the TAPS carbine course from Pat McNamara in PA in July. Also, would love to take a med class of some sort. I signed up for one earlier in the year but it was cancelled.

Looking forward to reading your AAR's.

Today is the day! I underestimated how busy BWI would be yesterday and almost missed my flight. Forgot about Spring Break. Arrived in Houston around 5:30PM and took about 2.5 hours to get to Nacogdoches. Off to the range...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor ;)

I did it!

I took Ben Kelkye's BIT and basic pistol Instructor course at Frederick IWLA earlier this week. He's exceptional in his enthusiasm and attention to his students. It was an honor to be among his pupils. He prioritizes safety among all other aspects and instills critical thinking into the skills and concepts he demonstrates. I put him up there with the best teachers I've had in any subject, not limited to just guns.

Now, I'm just awaiting paperwork so that I can apply to be a MQHI.

Looking forward to taking more training this year as my wallet and time permits.

Big thanks to those who pushed and encouraged me to do this -- you know who you are ;)

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Today is the day! I underestimated how busy BWI would be yesterday and almost missed my flight. Forgot about Spring Break. Arrived in Houston around 5:30PM and took about 2.5 hours to get to Nacogdoches. Off to the range...

Awesome!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thanks for keeping this thread alive, guys.

After two knife classes the first two months of the year, I was scheduled to do my first firearms course tomorrow. But I've had to bow out (will take the same course later this year) due to this:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/2016/03/11/personal-tragedy-and-triumph-with-some-lessons/

As she is doing better, it should not affect my schedule for the rest of the year. So it looks like my next class will be in early April.

WOW. Glad to read that she's recovering.

Healthy reminder that I need a CPR class stat.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    Hogarth, I hope things are okay for you. I'm back on MD Shooters now that there is some new management (couldn't get the Industry Partner thing to happen). ADS is still rolling fast and hard and we want to get folks to fill up our classes. We're also looking to freshen up our offerings a bit by figuring out what you folks want and need. We've got our personal defense series in the shoothouse and have added a few offerings. We're going to be NAEMT certified to offer TCCC training that we are in the process of augmenting with AHA first aid CPR, etc. We also offer Jeet Kune Do and Kali instruction throughout the week in the evenings. We're looking at Late April for a tactical live fire program at Echo Valley in WV. We can facilitate just about any training and we also host guest instructors (licensed and insured) to use our classrooms and other training areas. Email us at info@annapolisdefense.com to learn how.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Taking the essential carbine class by Sentinel Concepts class this May. Stoked! :party29:

Fisher is a great instructor. You should enjoy it.

On a side note, I don't know that I've ever been stoked...happy and excited, sure. But never stoked:)

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Fisher is a great instructor. You should enjoy it.

On a side note, I don't know that I've ever been stoked...happy and excited, sure. But never stoked:)

Considering this will be my first legit class (pretty much of any kind that's 2A related), I'm definitely stoked. ;)

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Hey folks!

AARs for the most recent two classes I've taken can be found here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=192000

And here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=192350

I have also just enrolled in two more classes:

https://fpftraining.myshopify.com/products/concealed-carry-vehicle-environment-skills-10-15-2017

https://fpftraining.myshopify.com/products/extreme-close-quarters-gunfighting-10-29-2016

This will bring my total # of courses by year's end to 7, unless I add more, which is unlikely.

I have also already signed up for the Rangemaster Tactical Conference at DARC outside Little Rock, AK, in March of 2017:

http://rangemaster.com/2017-tactical-conference/

Last I heard is that, though 11 months away, it's already about 30% filled!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Flying to Salt Lake City at the end of next week to become a Utah CFP Instructor ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom