What training are YOU planning to take in 2016?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    In addition to the usual classes at CMCT I'm signed up for Tac Pistol/Rifle Operator at CSAT in March.

Going to try and take the TAPS carbine course from Pat McNamara in PA in July. Also, would love to take a med class of some sort. I signed up for one earlier in the year but it was cancelled.

Looking forward to reading your AAR's.

Looking forward to CMCT classes this year, I love training with them

minuit

Nov 10, 2015
    Frederick County
    Just renewed American Red Cross CPR
    Taking SOTARs Cleaning class this evening
    2 day Wilderness First Aid class through Center for Wilderness Safety
    SOTARs Armorers class in Feb

Will be taking more classes focused around firearms, shooting, first aid, offroading and overlanding.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Currently taking the CCW class..4 hrs left after tonight and plan to file for a carry permit ASAP....

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    I am signed up for the Long Range Rifle I course at Storm Mountain in May:

http://www.stormmountain.com/media/training/2016/Long Range Rifle - I Course.pdf

I have mastered the way of the handgun ;) and now i need to learn to be a rifleman and become worthy of the GAP Gladius that just arrived after a 6 month wait.

Plan to work my way through all of their rifle courses and maybe, just maybe, tackle their Sniper I course.

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Well hell. And here I have spent nearly 20 years still trying. Glad someone finally reached the end of that learning curve. You're quite the Obi Wan. :rolleyes:

Nice!

Just to add to my original post, I've already added another class to the queue, a 1 day knife skills fundamentals class with Tom Sotis of AMOK! Combatives down in Chantilly. The class will be this coming Saturday. So that means I'll be taking at least 2 knife classes this year, which is kinda cool.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nice!

Just to add to my original post, I've already added another class to the queue, a 1 day knife skills fundamentals class with Tom Sotis of AMOK! Combatives down in Chantilly. The class will be this coming Saturday. So that means I'll be taking at least 2 knife classes this year, which is kinda cool.

You shall master the way of the knife! :D

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well hell. And here I have spent nearly 20 years still trying. Glad someone finally reached the end of that learning curve. You're quite the Obi Wan. :rolleyes:

You shall master the way of the knife! :D

Snatch-the-pebble-from-my-hand-grasshopper.jpg

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I just signed up for the Haley D3 Carbine Vehicle Darkness course in Jacksonville in March. I'm pretty excited, but I know I have to work my butt off the next few weeks to get ready.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I just signed up for the Haley D3 Carbine Vehicle Darkness course in Jacksonville in March. I'm pretty excited, but I know I have to work my butt off the next few weeks to get ready.

I hope you check back with some sort of AAR. I've never trained with Haley but am close with a few people who have. Some despise his "celebrity" status, others are just jealous, others find him a little too "dynamic". I'd do a class with him but he doesn't seem to even sniff this entire region of the country anymore. Such is life; plenty of quality instructors out there.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I hope you check back with some sort of AAR. I've never trained with Haley but am close with a few people who have. Some despise his "celebrity" status, others are just jealous, others find him a little too "dynamic". I'd do a class with him but he doesn't seem to even sniff this entire region of the country anymore. Such is life; plenty of quality instructors out there.

I'll definitely do an AAR. I need some very specific training to augment my day job, and there are only a few places I can find that provide it. His D3 courses seem like the best fit because it includes the tactics I need, but (maybe more importantly) the thought process behind everything.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'll definitely do an AAR. I need some very specific training to augment my day job, and there are only a few places I can find that provide it. His D3 courses seem like the best fit because it includes the tactics I need, but (maybe more importantly) the thought process behind everything.

Awesome. Will look forward to it. My friend who is LE took the same class--but the handgun-based version--a couple of years ago and loved it.

You can also look at taking the Street and Vehicle Class taught by Mike Pannone of CTT Solutions. I did it this past fall and loved it. Tons of work in and around vehicles, my first course that featured this type of content. Mike is a top-notch instructor. AAR here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...-vehicle-class-wallingford-ct-1010-1011-2015/

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Awesome. Will look forward to it. My friend who is LE took the same class--but the handgun-based version--a couple of years ago and loved it.

You can also look at taking the Street and Vehicle Class taught by Mike Pannone of CTT Solutions. I did it this past fall and loved it. Tons of work in and around vehicles, my first course that featured this type of content. Mike is a top-notch instructor. AAR here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...-vehicle-class-wallingford-ct-1010-1011-2015/

I'm already enrolled. Gonna be a fun year. :party29:

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Currently looking for MD wear and carry class for me and 2 friends and a future class for my 13 yr old daughter who is interested in competitive shooting.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I'm thinking about the pistol / carbine class at BSR in WVA.
    Most likely in mid-April.
    Anybody been there / recommends??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom