• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    And Frederick is a complete ******** compared to what it used to be and while I agree that Chuck is a good guy, there's really no impact on immigration related crime and criminals as a result. (Not his fault, just reality)

I don’t mean Frederick the city. I live in Middletown and it is a great place for now. Once my 11 year old goes to college, I may head back out to Wisconsin.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I don’t mean Frederick the city. I live in Middletown and it is a great place for now. Once my 11 year old goes to college, I may head back out to Wisconsin.

Yes, Middletown isn't bad but keep in mind I was born here in 1971 so I've seen a lot of changes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    And my area will change too as they try to develop the farmland. Makes me sick.

It's just the nature of the farming that's changed.

I've watched the wonderful 2-story 1950s Silver Spring that I loved change into giant Tax Farms. Stack 'em high and fill 'em up with human cattle ready to be milked. Wheaton skyline has popped a big one too, and no doubt more on the way.

Gotta keep the revenue coming in, so we can spend it on more welcome mats for illegals, and handouts to the Less Fortunate.

(Not to mention the skim for the politicians and the developers who enable them. When a businessman thinks it's a good idea to spend $14,000,000 chasing a seat as a MD pol, you have to believe that he considers it an investment in his future.)

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    So glad I left that $hithole!!

This! It was a nice little town before GOCA and all the new trash trashed the place. Back when the Livery stable, feed store/post office, and old house drugstore were still standing and Icke's was a farm, not a housing development.
    Now it's full of waks and 8a townhouses.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This! It was a nice little town before GOCA and all the new trash trashed the place. Back when the Livery stable, feed store/post office, and old house drugstore were still standing and Icke's was a farm, not a housing development.
    Now it's full of waks and 8a townhouses.

So you moved from there to PG?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Had little animals grabbing my 8 yr old daughter’s chest and saying “I like your titties”. They did this to a couple of other girls at Olney elementary. What type of animals do that at 8? I’m a product of NYC schools and I never saw something like that in grammar school. The principal refused to tell us how the boys would be punished, until I threatened to get law enforcement involved.

More and more kids who barely spoke English. A deluge of 3rd world immigrants moving close.

They developed what was once a beautiful open area behind my home, where I’d drink coffee or vodka and watch the deer families graze and prance. They put in a few decent houses and then a bunch of affordable housing for more undesirables to move there. I had to leave. It’s almost all of MoCo.

Where I live in Frederick it’s conservative, good families (for the most part), educated people mixed with good ol’farm boys, and a lot of pro-2A supporters. I’m sure Frederick will change as they widen I-270s. Makes me sick. America is turning into a ********.

End of rant.

Maybe “$hithole” is too strong of a word. Other than Bethesda, Chevy Chase, and Potomac, Olney is probably the next best area in MoCo. I guess I just hate MoCo.

Hey F,
    Sorry that your daughter had to deal with that. Our daughter went through Greenwood, Rosa, and is now at Sherwood. All 3 have been very good experiences. But my opinion would probably be different if that happen to her.
    We've been in Olney & now Brookeville since '93. Yes it has grown and been developed, but I think that its still a pretty nice and very convenient place to live. That said, most of my friends and our social circle here are pretty conservative. And that certainly helps living in this area.
    Glad to hear that you and the family settled into a nice area in Middleton. I do wish that we had your Sheriff here in MOCO. Then again, he would never have been elected down here.
    R

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I’m sorry you had to deal with that but Olney is far from a ********. I’d venture to say 75% of the membership couldn’t afford to live there in a single family home.

No I’m not triggered but your talking like Olney is Baltimore. It’s actually a great little area currently

They have a new Chick-fil-A , but it is closed today. Guess we'll suffer eating at the Ale House instead. Olney has some good and bad sectors.

As for MoCo in general:
    Our local teens now classify friends as living in the real vs fake Potomac. I guess we should really be post marked SW Rockville. It is interesting that families living in $2M+ homes in our school district give their kids the same k-12 education available to the Bourgeoisie and even section 8 children. My wife just had a friend call her lamenting the $40k for Sidwell is getting a bit much and vetting the "public" school our daughter attends.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Give it 10 years upper MoCo (Montgomery Village/Germantown) will be pretty damn bad

Gaithersburg proper and Germantown have turned into shitholes. Montgomery Village is a complete ********. Just look at Lake Forest Mall, we call it the ghetto mall. Fort the past 28 years I have lived in Giathersburg, Damascus, Laytonsville.

sht4fun

Mar 19, 2017
    I've lived in Laytonsville for the past 21 years. I go to Olney all the time. The place has changed but so have a lot of places around here.

I also saw that group protesting at the corner of 97 and 108. I was stopped at that traffic light. They did not notice my NRA sticker on my motorcycle windshield. Lol.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Lol if you think Olney is bad you might just need to buy your own island

I probably do. Going back to my parents house (glenmont), I have to pass through Olney. It is a noticeable change in drivers, pedestrians, and general feeling once you cross that 97/108 line. Stress level as a driver goes up a tick too. My wife always puts her book down when we cross this threshold, since she wants to be alert to the goings-on past Olney.

It isn't Baltimore, but it certainly IS the essence of MoCo. If it still remains "nice" today, it won't be for much longer.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    So you moved from there to PG?

The move to PG came many years later, after Sherwood and the Marines. My mom lived in Onley until she passed a few years ago.
    I live in a quiet neighborhood of Civil Servants, Teachers, Mechanics, and retired Mil people. We know each other, say hi and talk. The kids are respectful and as one said: "You don't do shixx in your own hood."
    The gangs stay over in Oxon Hill. Everyone calls me Sir except the neighbors who know me by first name.
    Why go back to Onley? The memory from growing up doesn't match up with today's bad traffic, rude and uppity phony people, the neighbors who complain about nitpicky crapola, pedestrians who look like they're from the slums or some third world mudhole.
    At least here my State Rep invites me to business councils and NAACP picnics knowing my politics is very different than his. Onley? I have no reason to go since mom passed.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    The move to PG came many years later, after Sherwood and the Marines. My mom lived in Onley until she passed a few years ago.
    I live in a quiet neighborhood of Civil Servants, Teachers, Mechanics, and retired Mil people. We know each other, say hi and talk. The kids are respectful and as one said: "You don't do shixx in your own hood."
    The gangs stay over in Oxon Hill. Everyone calls me Sir except the neighbors who know me by first name.
    Why go back to Onley? The memory from growing up doesn't match up with today's bad traffic, rude and uppity phony people, the neighbors who complain about nitpicky crapola, pedestrians who look like they're from the slums or some third world mudhole.
    At least here my State Rep invites me to business councils and NAACP picnics knowing my politics is very different than his. Onley? I have no reason to go since mom passed.

I'm a Sherwood alumni as well. Olney has definitely changed over the years. Its not like it was back in the 90's but there are still plenty of us good conservative folks here.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The move to PG came many years later, after Sherwood and the Marines.

I'm a Sherwood alumni as well. Olney has definitely changed over the years. Its not like it was back in the 90's but there are still plenty of us good conservative folks here.

What years? Our daughter is at SHS now and we have lots of friends who were alumni. Also, either of you part of SHS history with RRR? This year was the 47th annual.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    What years? Our daughter is at SHS now and we have lots of friends who were alumni. Also, either of you part of SHS history with RRR? This year was the 47th annual.

I was never involved in RRR. I spent most of my spare time lifting and chasing the ladies. I was a bit of a troublemaker back then.

I hear they are doing a RRR reunion in June at Davis Airport in Gburg.

Last edited:

r100rsman

Mar 9, 2017
    Olney
    My Kids are just out of Sherwood with no complaints, but if I was starting over with a young family then it would be in HoCo or Damascus.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Class of 95. I was never involved in RRR. I spent most of my spare time lifting and chasing the ladies. I was a bit of a troublemaker back then.

I hear they are doing a RRR reunion in June at Davis Airport in Gburg.

You may have chased some of our friends. :) Our daughter has done RRR for her 2 years at SHS. She has been going to the shows since kindergarten. Its been quite a run for that production!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom