• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    My daughter has finally come to me saying she wants formal training on gun safety & shooting. I've showed her what I know & she has been shooting with me, but I'm glad she wants a formal class so she won't take on my bad habits. I checked the various trainer's calendars who teach at AGC but don't see anything for July or August. Anyone know of any I may have missed? Looking for basic safety & pistol & HQL.

David1959

Jul 18, 2015
    The Machine Gun Nest & Heritage Training are both in Frederick. Nice ranges, great staff, and basic classes too.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    NRA Basic Pistol now requires that a student take the on-line NRA portion of the class ($60.00 - 8 to 10 hours) and passing before taking the in person session (with live fire). For many instructors, it makes the logistics of schedule a course tough. It also adds to the cost of the course making a very expensive course.

We still offer our HQL classes and have been scheduling them as one-on-one sessions M-F during the day.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Yep, I knew about the online part. Was hoping there would be a part 2 available. She works during the week so can only do weekends.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks Big, I don't think she can do this sat though. I see you have one in August too, I'll check with her.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Now 2 of her friends want to take the training with her. That makes 4, counting the missus. Does anyone know if there is a time after the online training that part 2 has to be completed by?

Just wondering, does anybody else have any millennial offspring that wants to train? It would be great if we could get a whole class together.

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Engine4, depends what age group you consider to be a millenial. I was of the impression I was Gen Y, but seems millenials are anyone 18-34 in 2015.

BigT5g, been shooting for a few years but interested in finally taking some real training. Would yo recommend taking Basic Pistol before the intro to competitive pistol? For your classes I saw 9mm as the minimum, is 9x18 acceptable? I'm much more consistent with my CZ82 than 9E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom