• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I learned today that a friend who owns a pawn/gun store in Hinton, WV took in a Mosin Nagant w/bayonet in an outright trade over the weekend and will be looking to sell it. I don't know anything about the gun at this point.

If you PM me I will provide you the Name and Phone number of his store and you may contact the shop directly and ask for pictures.

I suggested to him that I post here for you serious M/N types before he tries Gunbroker. It is for sale in-store at this time

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    It's kind of you to make this offer, but most of the serious M/N types here are going to want to know a lot more about the rifle, and see pics, before they have any real interest in a rifle that's out of state ... even if it's just in WVA. Mosin rifles range from the very common to the very unusual, and condition is exceptionally important. We don't know if it's been fired with corrosive ammo (typical) and not cleaned properly, modified, or what ... or if it's a rare gem.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's kind of you to make this offer, but most of the serious M/N types here are going to want to know a lot more about the rifle, and see pics, before they have any real interest in a rifle that's out of state ... even if it's just in WVA. Mosin rifles range from the very common to the very unusual, and condition is exceptionally important. We don't know if it's been fired with corrosive ammo (typical) and not cleaned properly, modified, or what ... or if it's a rare gem.

If you PM me I will provide you the Name and Phone number of his store and you may contact the shop directly and ask for pictures.

Read the whole post, please. :)

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Read the whole post, please. :)

I did, Jimbob. My point was that not many (any?) people are even going to be interested enough to contact the shop for photos, etc., when the chances are that it is just going to be a plain jane Mosin in a distant shop, and it may turn out to be a beater. If his friend would send him some pics, though, and he posted them, there could be some interest.

I'm trying to be nice about this. The OP is obviously new and enthusiastic, and wanting to be helpful, but apparently not aware that word of a Mosin being in stock somewhere isn't going to stir up the same sort of interest as posting that he saw an SVT-40 in a shop for $225.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I did, Jimbob. My point was that not many (any?) people are even going to be interested enough to contact the shop for photos, etc., when the chances are that it is just going to be a plain jane Mosin in a distant shop, and it may turn out to be a beater. If his friend would send him some pics, though, and he posted them, there could be some interest.

I'm trying to be nice about this. The OP is obviously new and enthusiastic, and wanting to be helpful, but apparently not aware that word of a Mosin being in stock somewhere isn't going to stir up the same sort of interest as posting that he saw an SVT-40 in a shop for $225.

Ill buy that shit! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom