• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I know there is a "site running slow / script error" thread.

But there are many people including myself not able to access the site at all.

I have been trying to access the site from my home since Saturday afternoon and not having any success. I get an error like the website does not exist.

I am using GC and FF. If I access the site via my sprint phone using the cell network I can access the site.

Just a suggestion (it happened to one of my sites) sometimes the hosting company will block IPs that it deems "unsafe" without the domain owners knowledge. This happened to my business site for a client and I use immotion hosting.

I'd appreciate some feedback from one of the admins as the FB site is not getting responses from admins (I did get one but nothing after that)

Mr H

Banana'd
    I know there is a "site running slow / script error" thread.

But there are many people including myself not able to access the site at all.

I have been trying to access the site from my home since Saturday afternoon and not having any success. I get an error like the website does not exist.

sometimes the hosting company will block IPs that it deems "unsafe" without the domain owners knowledge. This happened to my business site for a client and I use immotion hosting.

I am one of those, but still haven't been able to narrow down the problem.

I am going to attempt to obtain a new IP for my home system this evening, since I know the ISP hasn't blocked the MDS site (another member is on the same service).

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    I am one of those, but still haven't been able to narrow down the problem.

I am going to attempt to obtain a new IP for my home system this evening, since I know the ISP hasn't blocked the MDS site (another member is on the same service).

I would try getting rid of cookies first.

It could be mdshooters side denying accesss to your IP addy.

I had the same thing happen to me while registering last night. I got an e-mail to activate my account and then it kept reading Error 403 whenever I tried to access the page.

Fortunately it seems to be working fine today.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I think that some of you are being auto added to the firewall. Some browsers make a ton of simultaneous connections and it triggers the script that is in place to stop DDOS attacks. I'm on travel and busy so I haven't had much time to deal with this unfortunately, but I've just informed my host and hopefully we will find a solution soon.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I think that some of you are being auto added to the firewall. Some browsers make a ton of simultaneous connections and it triggers the script that is in place to stop DDOS attacks. I'm on travel and busy so I haven't had much time to deal with this unfortunately, but I've just informed my host and hopefully we will find a solution soon.

:thumbsup: Let us know if you need our actual IP addresses to whitelist. I've been either tethering or using a proxy for the last week. I thought that perhaps my machine was being used in an attack, but I've been running Little Snitch and Sophos and I'm clean.

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co

Yipee, it's working again. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom