• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Since I am running NoScript with Firefox, it didn't seem like I was having a script problem. Looks like my IP address was being blocked. After I rebooted my router and grabbed a new IP address from Sprint, I was able to connect to MDS.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    same issue with my home and work computers. getting very annoying since I get on briefly here and there during my me time, so I need it to be fast.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I wish that I could experience these problems so that I could troubleshoot, but other than the DDOS attack it has been lighting fast. I'm on a hotel network now and hoped that I'd see the slowdown, but nope. Maybe because I'm using a Mac? I don't even know where to start since there are no new scripts. I haven't modified the software in months.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I wish that I could experience these problems so that I could troubleshoot, but other than the DDOS attack it has been lighting fast. I'm on a hotel network now and hoped that I'd see the slowdown, but nope. Maybe because I'm using a Mac? I don't even know where to start since there are no new scripts. I haven't modified the software in months.

It's only happening on ie. safari, Firefox, chrome, tapatalk is fine.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's only happening on ie. safari, Firefox, chrome, tapatalk is fine.

It's working fine for me on all of the above regardless of location or platform.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It's working fine for me on all of the above regardless of location or platform.

Only noticed when I got to work this morning which is running win7 and ie. After I put in the block to Facebook.net as posted before.. It works fine.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Noticed this eve every time I signed in it said welcome then showed I wasn't signed in?? Had do it several times before it took? anyone else having that problem ?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Noticed this eve every time I signed in it said welcome then showed I wasn't signed in?? Had do it several times before it took? anyone else having that problem ?

For some reason it does that to me whenever I sign in on a computer at work or school. What I do is I log in (check the "remember me" box, not sure if it matters but I do it anyway) and then when it brings me to the home page (and still looks like I'm not logged on), I click on the "forums" link and then it shows that I'm logged in and can go to my UCP. Don't know why it does that, but try it and see if that works.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For some reason it does that to me whenever I sign in on a computer at work or school. What I do is I log in (check the "remember me" box, not sure if it matters but I do it anyway) and then when it brings me to the home page (and still looks like I'm not logged on), I click on the "forums" link and then it shows that I'm logged in and can go to my UCP. Don't know why it does that, but try it and see if that works.

That's been a quirk of the forum since day one and your description ofvthevsolution is perfect.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Since I am running NoScript with Firefox, it didn't seem like I was having a script problem. Looks like my IP address was being blocked. After I rebooted my router and grabbed a new IP address from Sprint, I was able to connect to MDS.

I had restarted my router and modem thinking the same thing, but maybe I didn't leave it off long enough to grab a new addy???

Will try it again this evening.

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    This morning everything seems to be back to normal, no script errors and moving from page to page seems to be moving ok.

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I had restarted my router and modem thinking the same thing, but maybe I didn't leave it off long enough to grab a new addy???

Will try it again this evening.

I couldn't connect at all for the last 3 days. Once I was able to get a new IP address today for my home internet connect, I was able to reach the site.

I actually released my IP from my ISP router and turned it off for over 30 mins. Then powered it back up and got a new IP address.

I'm guessing my old IP somehow ended up on the blacklist and got blocked.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    FYI, I'm on a Mac, using Safari. I can access MDS on this machine from work and when I tether, but not from my home Comcast account. I just set-up Safari to use a German proxy server and now I can access MDS no problem. Did Cloudflare or someone else blacklist a range of IP addresses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom