• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Nope, not full auto, semi-auto from the officer of the body cam on all rounds fired, and rapid semi auto from multiple officers at later instances in the video.

Echoing off the buildings add to the confusion.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 14.56.37.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 15.04.03.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 15.05.46.jpg
    It was semi-auto. When he first grabs the AR, he flips the safety lever down and then doesn't touch it for the rest of the video(not even when adjusting the stock, moving, or climbing in and out of the car). I'm thankful for this guy's bravery and ability to act to stop the badguy, but it looks like there's a lot of learning that can come out of these recordings.

It looks like the guy wearing the camera was the main reason the car eventually came to a stop. It looks like he tagged the driver as he was going past, causing the driver to later lose control. Also, what was the badguy shooting? Almost looked like a p38 or something.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Man if one of the officers had a last name of Bailey we would have Bailey killed Banks from Biddle. BaileysBanksandBiddle. Yeah bad reach for a joke. Sorry.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    My brother was at the scene, but after it was over. He drives a wagon, he was up in Towson getting a prisoner to take back to booking when it all went down. Said he's never seen anything like that, shell cases everywhere.

The rifle program started some years back. The rifles are Colts, semi auto, but he doesn't know what model they are or the accessories that are on them.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Since we're a gun forum , what are the BPD rifles ? Brand, model , accessories ?

I am going to assume they are semi-automatic Colts since Colt supplies the vast majority of rifles for the military and police nationwide.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Last I heard, the suspect didn't fire a shot. Therefore the woman likely was hit by an officer's round. That being said, it was West Baltimore... that bullet could have come from anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The suspect appears to be shooting on the helicopter thermal footage. If you watch the video in op, at around the 4 minute mark when the suspect crashes out, you see him lean out, aim his gun, and then you can see what appear to be shell casings go from his gun to the ground.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    " This is My Safety " ( Blackhawk Down reference )

Also a fair number of S&W M&P-15 purchased by LE , likely because many dept already have close relationship with their S&W rep/ distributor .

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    IIRC you can also see flashes from inside the car.

Seeing where LEOs were positioned, it's hard to determine if that was the suspect firing out, or impacts from LEO rounds crashing through the windshield. It's also hard to tell if the hot splotches on the ground near the driver's side window were shell casings, or debris from the LEO rounds lighting up the car. I suppose it could also be the criminal's blood dripping all over, since he was probably well perforated by then.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just an observation. You can see in the body cam footage he flips it on semi and never puts it back on safe...ever...for any reason.

Yup. You can see that in the pictures I posted earlier. He seems to be in need of some training.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 16.03.48.jpg

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Not full-auto. Bad audio and "audio-bounce" - ie echo/multiple semi-auto discharges. Yes, weird way to carry a rifle in a vehicle. I do not blame the cops for being aggressive with the perp who both tried to run-over one officer and tried to put a bullet through another the night before. I pray the injured civilian was not hit by LE. I listen to the BPD police scanner allot and these officers work very, very hard. Much harder than most cops in the US - responding to several shootings and discharges - constantly. I hope they get the support, compensation, training commensurate with what is expected of them.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Since we're a gun forum , what are the BPD rifles ? Brand, model , accessories ?

Colt LE6920 with an Aimpoint and a Surefire weapon mounted light. Officers have the option to purchase a bipod if they so choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom