• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Veblen

Feb 16, 2018
    MoCo
    An authority source informed me that harvested deer must be covered when transported via vehicle. I was told that this was MD state law for the last five years. However, I can find no such law in the hunting regulation guide or via Internet search.

I understand that some members of the pubic do not share our views on hunting and conservation, and I do not go out of my way to rub success in their faces. Moreover, I avoid shocking children with dead Bambis. But, no one (except passengers in a tour bus or Big Rig drivers, who are higher up,) will see down into the bed of my truck.

Montgomery County does require that loads of trash and recyclables be covered when transporting to a processing center, but this is an entirely different animal (pun intended :)).

Granted, covering a dead deer is not onerous, but I am curious.

I ask that knowledgeable members provide insight into this topic. Thank you.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Montgomery County does require that loads of trash and recyclables be covered when transporting to a processing center, but this is an entirely different animal (pun intended :)).

I do believe that the law is that all loads in a vehicle must be secured, they just enforce this more often at the dump or recycling center. If there is no cap or cover, you technically should have a strap on it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It is always a good idea to cover your harvest in order to protect it from dirt, heat and insects during transport.

Nothing mandates you to do so though.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I tied my first buck to the front of my VW bug and drove the 40 miles home with it on full display in Pa. many years ago. The antis were not bold enough back then to cause any issues.

I often long for the good old days when people minded their own business and were not pushing their twisted belief systems on others.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I sure hope not since I transport on my ATV trailer for the world to see...My goal is to offend the antis, snowflakes and left wing trouble makers. I hunt on the shore so there aren't too many of them

Roadkill deer and other critters are pretty common, I wonder if antis get triggered every time they see one. If they do, roadtrips must be very stressful.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I tied my first buck to the front of my VW bug and drove the 40 miles home with it on full display in Pa. many years ago. The antis were not bold enough back then to cause any issues.

I often long for the good old days when people minded their own business and were not pushing their twisted belief systems on others.

I thought that was mandatory in PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom