• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have a 3.8" barrel, full size (?) frame, xdm in .40sw that I would like to be able to convert to 9mm preferably with a 4.5" barrel. Would I be able to switch a few parts and barrel with the slide assembly or have to buy a completely new slide assembly and barrel? OR am I just screwed and have to buy a new xdm? It would suck hard to have to buy a new gun just to switch calibers. I figured Id ask here first because of cya liability responses I feel I would get from Springfield.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    IIRC, at a mimimim the XDM uses different springs and maybe trigger for different calibers. Powder River has some nice aftermarket parts. Check its site for cal. specific parts.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    IIRC, at a mimimim the XDM uses different springs and maybe trigger for different calibers. Powder River has some nice aftermarket parts. Check its site for cal. specific parts.

I'm pretty sure you don't NEED a different spring, but people often use a 16# spring when going from .40 to 9MM.

PRP does have excellent parts. I use their ultimate match trigger kit on my XDm, as well as several other parts they make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom