• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Feeling this procedure out. Of course in a perfect world id just buy an M1A but they are far too dangerous of a semi auto 308 than AR10s are, so im left with a mini 14. From what ive looked up so far, it semms the standard route is the choate handguard, tech sights, an accustrut, and the fladh hider. Apparently though, the long m14 style flash hider/front sight combo only fits the older, penxil barrel profile? Is that true? Has anyone in these here forums done a mini 1A so to speak? Ive seen some sweet looking ones onlune, ironically in a lot of areas wbere you can buy M1A. I guess of course the other side of that is you could make two mini lookalikes for what one avtual.one costs, but i digress.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    sounds complicated. my 0.02: a) look up Shuffs parkerizing, home of the mag fed garand; b) get a M1A 6.5 Creedmoor. 100% legal, and probably more accurate. More expensive to shoot, right now, but you are worth it ;) ; c) **** it, get a Smith and Wesson M&P10.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    A true look alike mini would be kind of neat. But to continue on Dan's substitute suggestions...
    FN49. Not exactly the same look but I've been asked at the range if it's a M1A.
    MAS49/56 is another similar one.

Though there is (was?) a Sage stock for the mini. Looks exactly like it's bigger brother if you desire more modern clothing.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm with you, OP...and subscribed in the hopes that someone come up with that flash hider...that's the real rub, isn't it?:sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    From Accuracy Systems:

MINI 14 - M14 Style Front Sight & Flash Hider Combination
    M14 Style Front Sight & Flash Hider Combination
    Fits .562" Mini 14 barrels.
    Serial number from 180 thru 199
    The slip on unit is permanently attached to the gun barrel by a 1/8 inch spring steel roll pin.
    Flash Hider is of solid steel, bath blued or S.S. Both models sight looks like the original M-14 Sight.
    We can custom fit for the newer 580 series .625" barrel's. It would require you sending us your barreled action. The additional cost to machine barrel and install is $149.99

Not cheap, but can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom