• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Anyone here repair refrigerators in the Harford County area, or know someone who does?

All of a sudden, it is not keeping cool. Refrigerator and freezer both no working.

Thanks

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Anyone here repair refrigerators in the Harford County area, or know someone who does?

All of a sudden, it is not keeping cool. Refrigerator and freezer both no working.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the fridge Teratos. I do commercial HVACR but not residential appliances. Most of the newer freezer/ refrigerator's have a few circuit boards and mostly electronics with the thermostat. The only company I know of is Landers Atlas appliance that does these. Wish you were closer I would come take a look at it

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry to hear about the fridge Teratos. I do commercial HVACR but not residential appliances. Most of the newer freezer/ refrigerator's have a few circuit boards and mostly electronics with the thermostat. The only company I know of is Landers Atlas appliance that does these. Wish you were closer I would come take a look at it

Jeez. Thanks for the lead. It is appreciated.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not being a smart ass , just trying to help but you may need to vac the coils that is one of the biggest problems with it not cooling

I'll check. The ferrets sometimes play behind the refrigerator. It's possible they are stuffing things in there...didn't think of that.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'll check. The ferrets sometimes play behind the refrigerator. It's possible they are stuffing things in there...didn't think of that.

Mine has stopped cooling and i cleaned the coils and it started cooling again . Ferret fur might be a problem
    Good luck to you :thumbsup:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Be careful with them playing back there, if one of them sticks his neck in that condenser fan blade it'll ruin his day. There should be a cover keeping him away from it, but you never know.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mine has stopped cooling and i cleaned the coils and it started cooling again . Ferret fur might be a problem
    Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Thank you, sir. Appreciate it. Wife is checking now.

Be careful with them playing back there, if one of them sticks his neck in that condenser fan blade it'll ruin his day. There should be a cover keeping him away from it, but you never know.

LOL. OK

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Open the back panel in the freezer compartment (4 screws) and check the plastic fan that circulate the cold air in the unit. This is a $10 piece if broken and you can do this yourself.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Open the back panel in the freezer compartment (4 screws) and check the plastic fan that circulate the cold air in the unit. This is a $10 piece if broken and you can do this yourself.
    Thanks, I'll check when I get home
    Are all the ferrets accounted for? Fortunately you've got the biggest refrigerator available right outside your door.

:lol2: Yes, they are sound asleep. They are awake from 5PM to 7PM only.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Doc, I had a clothes washer stop running and got in touch with this company...I'm in Baldwin/Fallston. Jarvis Appliance repair in Jarrettsville...they were straight up, set fee to check out the appliance and tell you what's up and what it would take/cost to fix it. With you deciding if you want to have them do it or just get a new one after the diagnosis. There number is 410-557-7378.

I just had my fridge/freezer stop cooling one day last week...bunch of dust bunnies or ghost turds around and on the vents/coils so i vacuumed off and blew off with a small compressor and air nozzle the it was back to working...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Dean Landers is a good guy. I served on a trade board with him a couple of decades ago.
    Good luck.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doc, I had a clothes washer stop running and got in touch with this company...I'm in Baldwin/Fallston. Jarvis Appliance repair in Jarrettsville...they were straight up, set fee to check out the appliance and tell you what's up and what it would take/cost to fix it. With you deciding if you want to have them do it or just get a new one after the diagnosis. There number is 410-557-7378.

I just had my fridge/freezer stop cooling one day last week...bunch of dust bunnies or ghost turds around and on the vents/coils so i vacuumed off and blew off with a small compressor and air nozzle the it was back to working...

Dean Landers is a good guy. I served on a trade board with him a couple of decades ago.
    Good luck.
    Thanks fellows. Wife said everything looks clean. I'll take the back panel off when I get home and look around for ferret shenanigans.

It needs a digital exam

I'll get my multimeter out when I get home.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Hopefully it's one of the easier fixes (cleaning coils, etc.).

Our secondary fridge stopped cooling/freezing back in August. Did all the easy tests/fix attempts and narrowed it down to the main board. Ordered the part late August. Every couple of weeks we get an update moving the part delivery back a few weeks. We're into January now for delivery and I'm not holding my breath.

We miss the second fridge, so I'm considering just getting a new one instead of waiting.

YMMV, but if you need to order parts for it - take that into consideration. Even if you're told "two weeks" it could end up being 4+ months.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hopefully it's one of the easier fixes (cleaning coils, etc.).

Our secondary fridge stopped cooling/freezing back in August. Did all the easy tests/fix attempts and narrowed it down to the main board. Ordered the part late August. Every couple of weeks we get an update moving the part delivery back a few weeks. We're into January now for delivery and I'm not holding my breath.

We miss the second fridge, so I'm considering just getting a new one instead of waiting.

YMMV, but if you need to order parts for it - take that into consideration. Even if you're told "two weeks" it could end up being 4+ months.

Damn. We have a smaller secondary fridge so can survive on that. 4+ months is silly. Thanks for the heads up.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    With these newfangled appliances if you have a power outage it completely turns the appliance into “sleep” mode. Check if yours has that setting. Hopefully just ends up turning the settings back on. Good luck. Another reason I still have my 30 year old whirlpool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom