• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I guess they don't realize their gun most likely isn't the only thing coming in and there's actual work you have to do prior to them being notified to come to do paperwork. Tracking should only be used to know that the gun has arrived and isn't stuck in shipping limbo somewhere.

I happened to be an an IP when they received an order. After the second pallet was unwrapped, I helped them carry in the rifles. Oh and then UPS showed up with about 30 more boxes.
    Give them time....

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Modification means that it MUST be modified in such a way that it would destroy the magazine to un-do said modification.

Time is money, and mag mods are time consuming. Just write the loss off as the cost of doing business in MD and don't shoot the messengers (Dealers) for just trying to navigate the insane waters that are MD gun law.

This is why I always buy the 10 round models when they are available for brands with expensive magazines *cough*Sig*cough*. Sometimes they cost a few dollars more than the standard capacity models, but if I pay $15 more and don't lose two $50+ magazines it's worth it. It sucks to buy a $900 gun, lose $100 of value, and then have to go spend another $100 just to be able to use the gun, but that's Maryland screwing us over not the dealer.

JohnW48

Oct 3, 2018
    North East
    10 round mags

Most on line retail offer 30 rounds and 10 round magazines. Of what I read in the ads they won’t send to states that restrict high capacity magazines. We as customers buying out of state gun shops have to be aware of restrictions. Sad!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If I remember correctly, some level of our ruling overlords (probably MSP) recently decided that it was illegal for the MD FFL to even offer to send the mags out of state for you.

We need to change the laws. Step 1 is changing the people who make the laws. Vote Dem Out!

We need a change in MDSP Super instead. Easier than getting the lifelong residents of the ASSembly out of there. I think Milkdud was the last one to leave of their own accord...

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We need a change in MDSP Super instead. Easier than getting the lifelong residents of the ASSembly out of there. I think Milkdud was the last one to leave of their own accord...

Change them all :shrug:

...well, Arikan and a few goods ones are worth keeping :tap:

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Interesting.

I was at TK Defense yesterday afternoon when you came in to pick up your pistol. I witnessed you ask Kat three times to break the law for you. First, you asked her to ship the magazines to Virginia. She refused, citing the bulletin issued by MSP. Next, you asked her to disassemble the magazines and keep the base plates, leaving you with the balance of the parts, which could be easily re-assembled into a high cap magazine. She again refused, as that would have been a clear violation of the law. Finally, you asked her to modify the magazines to reduce their capacity. She stated that in a conversation with the head of licensing at MSP, she was told that if you are going to modify magazines “you had better have a good attorney”. That's reason enough to not even attempt such a modification - and precisely why she refused to do so. I could sense attitude emanating from you as you left the shop. Now you post here making her out to be unreasonable because she refused to commit a felony for you. You didn’t do your homework. You didn’t follow the rules. You screwed up by not understanding the law and now you want to blame her. You need to take responsibility for this as she was 100% correct in her actions.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Are FFLs legally allowed to sell high cap mags to a resident of another state?

Yes, they can even sell them to Maryland residents out of state, as I PA, VA and WVA, at gun shows, as they are cash and carry, no BG checks.
    :innocent0 & :)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Interesting.

I was at TK Defense yesterday afternoon when you came in to pick up your pistol. I witnessed you ask Kat three times to break the law for you. First, you asked her to ship the magazines to Virginia. She refused, citing the bulletin issued by MSP. Next, you asked her to disassemble the magazines and keep the base plates, leaving you with the balance of the parts, which could be easily re-assembled into a high cap magazine. She again refused, as that would have been a clear violation of the law. Finally, you asked her to modify the magazines to reduce their capacity. She stated that in a conversation with the head of licensing at MSP, she was told that if you are going to modify magazines “you had better have a good attorney”. That's reason enough to not even attempt such a modification - and precisely why she refused to do so. I could sense attitude emanating from you as you left the shop. Now you post here making her out to be unreasonable because she refused to commit a felony for you. You didn’t do your homework. You didn’t follow the rules. You screwed up by not understanding the law and now you want to blame her. You need to take responsibility for this as she was 100% correct in her actions.

I agree with everything except the bold.

See post #60

Modification means that it MUST be modified in such a way that it would destroy the magazine to un-do said modification.

FFLs can and do do this. Many don't, since its a big time waster. I don't blame them one bit. We all drive to virginia (or PA) and toss the neutered ones.

Of course if someone asked me to violate the law twice then asked another similar question, I'd say no.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Interesting.

Duh!!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Let's see, orders gun online to save money, without giving the shop a change to offer to order if for you and make some money.

Do not research the laws and requirements and store policies on magazines.

Requests the store to break the law.

Sounds like 3 strikes to me.

I only buy online and transfer, things my shop cannot get. If they can get it, we will talk, and come to a reasonable price, and they will order and make some money.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Ahhhhhh, the value of truth shines through. Truth trumps embellishment or untruth every stinkin time.

Who knew? An uninvolved, neutral third party in the role of eyewitness. We got lucky.

There’s always at least two versions of the “truth.” I got mine now.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Let's see, orders gun online to save money, without giving the shop a change to offer to order if for you and make some money.

Do not research the laws and requirements and store policies on magazines.

Requests the store to break the law.

Sounds like 3 strikes to me.

I only buy online and transfer, things my shop cannot get. If they can get it, we will talk, and come to a reasonable price, and they will order and make some money.

Just another newbie 2020er. No introduction just goes into “how can I circumvent Marylinistan law?”.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Interesting.

And the truth shall set you free. :thumbsup:
    I agree with everything except the bold.

See post #60

FFLs can and do do this. Many don't, since its a big time waster. I don't blame them one bit. We all drive to virginia (or PA) and toss the neutered ones.

Of course if someone asked me to violate the law twice then asked another similar question, I'd say no.

And... At that point... how is the lady behind the counter supposed to know if the “customer” is not an undercover investigator who is there attempting a “gotcha” for the state prosecutor to follow up on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom