• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amsmlmssml

Feb 2, 2012
    Northern Frederick County
    Anybody seen one yet?
    Produced in limited quantity, the 452 Grand Finale is a last hurrah to the venerable CZ 452. Built using the last 452 actions ever produced, on the original manual barrelling equipment and at the Brno workshop, the Grand Finale is embellished with hand-engraved scrollwork on the action, barrel, bottom metal and included 1? scope rings. The upgraded American walnut is trimmed with an ebony forend and grip cap and the bolt is jewelled.

With a deep glossy blue finish to the metal and an oil finish to the wood, we felt this was a fitting farewell to a fan favorite.

Specifications:

Sights: None
    Additional Info: Engraved Limited Edition
    Additional Info: 1 of 1000 Pieces

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Nice, I would like to see one.i have an original 452 varmint. It is by far one of the most accurate 22's I have. Fit and finish is awesome. One of may favorite rifles.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I thought these were released a few years ago. Pretty sure that I've seen examples posted on RimfireCentral. Beautiful rifles. I'm happy to have gotten a regular CZ 452 American a couple years ago when they were re-released (and the year prior the CZ 452 Super Match was also available).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There are a few on gunbroker. Pretty pricey. I just saw one for sale on another site with gorgeous wood. I had never even heard of them before.

Yeah, depending on the price, an Anschutz sporter might be another option if considering a semi-premium 22LR bolt action for under $1k.

If the GB prices start to go over $1.5k (which I don't think they will), than a Cooper rifle is a potential alternative that has nice aesthetics and excellent accuracy.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, depending on the price, an Anschutz sporter might be another option if considering a semi-premium 22LR bolt action for under $1k.

If the GB prices start to go over $1.5k (which I don't think they will), than a Cooper rifle is a potential alternative that has nice aesthetics and excellent accuracy.

I love my CZs. And Brnos. But they are not in the class of some other fine firearms. Were they an unbelievably fantastic deal when they were sub $500, absolutely. Should have bought 50 of them.. Um never mind. But at $1000? I'm not going that far. They have foibles that can be endearing, I'm not sure you would call them value increasing features. I will say my 3 favorite are going with me to my grave with my fathers 39. But I'm not buying yours for $1000. And the 455, 457 have not quite lived up to the 452. I really think a threaded action was a must to continue the tradition. The fit if the action tennon, and the grub screws did not carry me into the fold. But if anybody wants to sell a 452FS for a little more than new, I would be there in a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom