• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That was probably the most politely brutal internet bitch slap I have ever seen.

I really don't need to buy anything. But, I will find something to buy so I can order it, receive it quickly and come back here to rave about what great customer service I received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Notes for today....
    Never do business/transaction with AJRB
    AND
    Immediately find something to order from Joe Bob’s.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Notes for today....
    Never do business/transaction with AJRB
    AND
    Immediately find something to order from Joe Bob’s.

JoeBob's did a "solid" to Marylanders, putting them first in line for parts that may have become prohibited as a result of the FSA of 2013. I believe the issue was of the lowers had to be completed at the time the law became applicable.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    As Paul Harvey used to say; "And now, for the rest of the story..."

Got Damn that was a great reply. I love companies who stand by their employees and don't take shit

That was probably the most politely brutal internet bitch slap I have ever seen.

It is weird to see how adamant the OP is that he's still correct even though it's clear (to anyone not emotionally invested) that he's so far in the wrong that it's sad.

WOW, I should've made popcorn too. Great thread, Thanks OP!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Good on JoeBob's for standing up for their employees. I don't let people give my staff too much shit. You act like a jackass, you are going some place else.

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    being rude to customer service, even if they are rude to you (they werent), will not get your "problem" solved any faster.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    This is such an interesting thread and should be used as a study in human behavior. The IPs response is so well written and complete with a timeline as well as facts. It leaves no doubt in any readers mind (other than the OPs) that JoeBobs acted appropriately and were justified in canceling the OPs account. Even still, with everything laid out for the entire forum to read/make judgement, the OP stands behind his behavior. This is downright puzzling/fascinating to me.

I for one am questioning why the OP would even be trying to get into his cancelled account? He cant possibly be considering placing another order, can he?

Many of us post things without really giving it a second thought. I know I have done this and then experienced a certain level of regret afterwards. In those cases, I have begged a moderator to delete my comment or the entire thread if it was started by me. This has worked and has helped me to save a little face. OP, you may considering trying this because your not making yourself look good or JoeBobs look bad. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

True. If the experience was so poor, but the order was delivered, why go back? Unless it was to be a pain in the ass. Businesses need customers to survive, and casting them away isn’t taken lightly. Sometimes the sale, job, etc. isn’t worth the effort or abuse.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    I wore a JoeBobs shirt yesterday. This thread reminded me I could use a few things so I placed an order this morning. Over $150 so I scored another shirt. You can request free stickers too if your into collecting that sort of thing. Great prices and free shipping on orders over $90. I looked through my order history and I have been shopping there since 2011 without ever having a problem.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    First, let me say I completely agree with JoeBob's side of things and feel the OP continued to dig a whole throughout the entire encounter and after. The profanity is definitely not cool and I can swear like a sailor even though I was only in the Army.

However, I did not know how the FedEx address problem is fixed. I think the OP thought if he got on it fast enough and JoeBob did as well, the truck would return and re-deliver. If you asked me to say would that happen or would it get delivered tomorrow, I'd pick the latter because it's not really feasible for the truck to return unless it was in the same vicinity. JoeBob explains that these things get handled at the end of the day and regardless of Tyler calling immediately or at end of day, the package was going to be delivered the next day. So, while my gut knew the answer, I now have a concrete explanation confirming that the package will be delayed one day to fix the FedEx error, regardless of when it's fixed (as long as it's fixed that day sometime).

So, again, I stand by JoeBob but my Friday morning QB thinks that if Tyler had just said that (what I said above) at the first interaction rather than telling OP that calling is keeping him from work whenever that occurred (can't remember the exact time line and not re-reading), the whole thing might have been averted.

Maybe I missed something and this thought process is wrong? What say ya'll?

Don't flame me if you are reading the above as anything other than I'm siding with JoeBob because that's not the case. Just spitballing alternative endings.

As soon as money is flowing again, I'll spend some more at JoeBob as I need to build another AR.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I wore a JoeBobs shirt yesterday. This thread reminded me I could use a few things so I placed an order this morning. Over $150 so I scored another shirt. You can request free stickers too if your into collecting that sort of thing. Great prices and free shipping on orders over $90. I looked through my order history and I have been shopping there since 2011 without ever having a problem.

Stickers, you say? Lol. My small work fridge has a few...even started on the microwave.
    Sadly, my one and only yellow Joe Bob's shirt got ruined following the "oil dip" AR lube method, the 1st time I shot with them splashing oil out all over me, lol

Attachments

• 20200327_103045.jpg
      20200327_103045.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 677
    • 20200327_103101.jpg
      20200327_103101.jpg
      70 KB · Views: 687
    • 20200327_103111.jpg
      20200327_103111.jpg
      158 KB · Views: 680

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Just received a nice email from Joe.

Seems I forgot to put a free T-shirt in my cart.

It's rare these days for a large business owner to take the time to communicate directly with a customer, particularly when it was the customer who was in the wrong! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom