• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightSight

Mar 10, 2012
    Sorry if there is an existing thread for this. I searched but didn't find one.

Also, my apology for inadvertently posting this subject in the "group buys" forum. Long day...

Anyway, I got a prescription suitable for shooting glasses from my ophthalmologist. Does anyone know a shooter friendly optician who will do a great job fitting me with either new shooting glasses or inserts for my existing SawFlys?

I shoot pistol and rifle. So maybe bifocals would be best. I would want to make sure the line was positioned just right to minimize head tilt when focusing on the front sight on pistols, while not interfering too much with my sight picture when rifle shooting.

I live in Elkridge. So someone not too far from here would be ideal. But that's not a huge concern. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I use Morgan Optical.

They are in NY state. The older Morgan was a BIG TIME trap shooter. All there are very knowledgeable about shooting and optics.

AMStrick

May 15, 2012
    Port Tobacco
    Do not use Dr. Clark, he has offices in Waldorf and Leonardtown. Complete waste of time and money.

Now using Lens Crafters, explained the sight picture I needed to shoot. Now have contacts that allow me to focus on the front sight.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With Morgan Optical, I get Randolph Ranger frames.

They have interchangeable lenses (I typically have brown for sunny days, and target purple for clays, and if I can afford, yellow for cloudy and indoors).

The other thing is, Morgan understands to cut the center of focus up higher. So when you head is down on the stock, down for pistol, you are looking through the proper part of the lens. Standard glasses setup you are looking through a part of the lens that will not give you proper correction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom