• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 25, 2017
    I think they should remove voting rights for card holders too. Admitting to committing a felony.

I wonder how that would work in terms of state vs. federal election. If you're in a state that has legalized marijuana, would that mean that you could vote at the state level and not the federal level?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    There is a 9th cir ct of appeals,decision holding thta a nev or ariz resident with a Rx for cannabis is banned under federal law from possessing, transferring etc a firearm under 18usc 922(g) regardless of whether the Rx has been used. That has found its way to a warning on the 9733(?) so it makes it difficult to say “ i didn’t know”. The states can make their laws more restrictive but cant ignore the federal law.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I wonder how that would work in terms of state vs. federal election. If you're in a state that has legalized marijuana, would that mean that you could vote at the state level and not the federal level?
    On the face of it, yes.

There is a 9th cir ct of appeals,decision holding thta a nev or ariz resident with a Rx for cannabis is banned under federal law from possessing, transferring etc a firearm under 18usc 922(g) regardless of whether the Rx has been used. That has found its way to a warning on the 9733(?) so it makes it difficult to say “ i didn’t know”. The states can make their laws more restrictive but cant ignore the federal law.

I think a person has to be convicted in a court of law to become a felon and lose his rights to vote in federal elections, whereas use of illegal substances disqualifies him from purchasing a firearm.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

You referring to Wilson v. BATFE and Friends? Seems Ms. Wilson had a Nevada Medical MJ card, and had renewed it more than once ... but claimed to have never used MJ. Her actions made her a prohibited person.

Now, if a physician could inflict a MJ prescription upon you and void your 2A rights ... that'd be exceptionally bad.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Now, if a physician could inflict a MJ prescription upon you and void your 2A rights ... that'd be exceptionally bad.

Doesn't prescribing a substance illegal under federal law make the physician a prohibited person?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

There are no federal elections. You elect people from your state for the state legislature and to represent you in Congress (House and Senate). You do not directly vote for the president or vice president, two federal offices. The members of the electoral college in your state cast their votes, in that capacity, for president and vice president. Also, your Representative to the House of Representatives elects the the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the other federal office.

All voting by individual citizens is at the state level.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    My Uncle who was a Viet Nam Vet (LRRP) said before he died in 2014, that he believed Obama wanted to legalize weed, get us all stoned and then take away our guns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom