What's a person to do where you can't carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    The Missus and I both carry these every day.

And we could both be fired for it.

I go as far as having it in my vehicle... so far I have not dared bringing it to work... though, I feel fairly safe where I work. I do always have a pocket knife on me at all times however.

Regulus91

Aug 3, 2017
    Myersville, MD
    I usually rely on either a collapsible ASP baton (except when I'm going to PA) or the SOG Seal Team that I keep in my vehicle, or the Gerber Paraframe II folder that I keep on my person. (I used to have a really nice Buck Marksman folder that had ball bearings and could flick open one-handed, but the locking-mechanism failed.) I need to visit Edgeworks in Frederick when I have some money for a new EDC folder. I don't trust OC spray in a pressurized can to not explode if left in a hot car under the brutal Maryland summer heat.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I go as far as having it in my vehicle... so far I have not dared bringing it to work... though, I feel fairly safe where I work. I do always have a pocket knife on me at all times however.

I have carried a Pepper Blaster in my back pocket every day for over nine years. I carry it in a thin leather pocket holster designed for the Blaster, but it still prints like mad.

No one has ever noticed it, in all these years, leastways not to mention it.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Package of 3 Pepper Blasters arrived today, ordered directly from Kimber...where Elvis works.

bbca9556785fcbdd93a4a17de250e9e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 25, 2017
    Just go with a knife and hope? I sometimes venture in locations that are remote and/or off the beaten path where you don't know who might cross your path.

What the best legal setup to use out and about? Does anyone take their chances and just carry anyway?

I am not a lawyer. As far as I know, it is recommended to check local county and city ordinances with regard to what knives are legal to carry. Additionally, you have to remember that the best way to describe a knife is as a tool and that you carry it for utility, not self-defense. To make things more complicated, when you're carrying a pocket knife, make sure that you know the county lines and where you would go while having it on your person. If you carry it in your pocket and you happen to want to run an errand and you have to cross a county line that doesn't allow the knife that you typically carry, use your best judgment.

I do remember reading that tasers were recently allowed in Baltimore, and some jurisdictions do allow for the carry of pepper spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom