• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Looking for a long term, inertia driven shotgun. Before anyone suggests, I can't afford a Benelli. I am looking at a Stoeger M3K and. Tristar Tec-12. Both inertia powered. The Stoeger has a good reputation, with only a few issues I have read online. Has more aftermarket support, and the importer I think, is in MD, since Beretta or Benelli owns them. Good reviews. The Tristar has a good reputation, good reviews, but no real history of problems I can find on Google. It is a tactical pistol grip shotgun. 20" barrel versus the Stoeger's at 24". Both threaded for chokes. Mag extensions for the Stoeger, none readily available for the Tristar. The Tristar has nicer sights. Looking for a do anything, reliable, fast shooting shotgun. Any experiences, suggestions, or knowledge appreciated.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I have the M3K but it's new so I can't speak about reliability yet but I did shoot it this past weekend and it cycles Fiocchi low recoil slugs both the 7//8oz @1300fps and the 1oz @1150. I was shooting it head to head with my new A300 (gas gun) and the Beretta is noticeably softer shooting but is gas and cost $200 more if that matters. I will say that the M3K has become popular in 3 gun. If it can stand up to that kind of abuse it should be able to handle anything you have planned for it. As for Tristar they seem to be well made and inexpensive. Just no aftermarket for them Yet.

Sirex