• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    Man, with this lack of ammo situation, it's beginning to look like I'll be throwing rocks this weekend while everyone else is shooting

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    thanks, I called everyone on their vendor list in MD and no one has it...painful

Ouch! Best I can do then is second hvymax's advice to hit a gun show and hope to pick up some surplus ammo. There's one in Timonium and one in Harrisburg, PA this weekend (EDIT: Got my dates mixed up... next weekend, 3/17-18). A Saturday trip to either should get you in shape for Sunday shooting.

Just ran across a thread of interest to any new Garand shooter:

M-1 Clinic April 21st Balto. Co. Game & Fish

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    Update:
    thanks to everyone for the welcomes and ammo source suggestions.
    I just obtained 200 rounds from colonial arms in Glen burnie (bought every box he had)

I appreciate all the help!

lensman

lensman
    Mar 14, 2012
    Near Annapolis
    Welcome from the "po' side" of the river

Welcome-

I'm also a new member from the "poor side" of the South River, AKA Edgewater. I think that all of your questions have been pretty much answered but I can also recommend contacting the Berwyn Rod and Gun Club in Bowie, MD. I have been a member there for over 12 years and they have a lot to offer to shooters in our area. Please check out www.berwyn.org. Membership is limited but there are still a few slots open.

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    thanks for the welcome...what's the bowie range like? how long is thier rifle range? I'd be interrested in something with a long range rifle range...500 yards plus

lensman

lensman
    Mar 14, 2012
    Near Annapolis
    Alas, the Berwyn rifle range is only 100 yards. We used to have a 200-yard range but ran into some snags with MDPPC and had to revamp the range a few years back. The cost of installing overhead "safety" baffles and other improvements forced us to sacrifice use of the longer rifle range.

I don't know of any place in MD with a 500+ yard range except Fort Meade and that's become a major pain to access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom