TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, neither one of those, but this video from SHOT 2014 at least demonstrates how it works in the hands of a novice. Not all that impressive compared to their in-house promo video.
    Agreed. She didn't fire any faster than a person could fire with any light aftermarket trigger, e.g. Geissele.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My friend got his tac con trigger
    We just got done installing it on a noveske build with a NEA pdw stock
    We will run it though some drills tomorrow. See if this lives up to the hype

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 261

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It did not come with instructions for installation or use. WTF?

The selector goes in first, then slide the trigger assembly in. Secure with pins.

It is a single stage trigger , no slack, breaks like any quality aftermarket upgraded trigger. About 4 lbs.

On the AUTO or 3rd position, the bolt retracts and and the small lever located in the rearmost position cams and resets the trigger. this cuts reset time substantially. I think this is what tac con calls trigger reset assist.

A higher rate of fire is attained by decreasing reset time, traditional bump fire technique is still required to get this thing to run. It is just the better trigger pull, shorter reset makes bump foring from the shoulder easier.

We are going to test ire it at MSAR tomorrow. See if it actually works. Itf it lives up o the hype. An ARES defense beltfed AR gets the upgrade.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It did not come with instructions for installation or use. WTF?

The selector goes in first, then slide the trigger assembly in. Secure with pins.

For the asking price, it damn sure better.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Most of the videos I've seen have been unimpressive. The geissele 3 gun tigger seems faster and better for 1/2 the price. Hope it works out for you.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    No positive news from the early adopters here. Could be a lot of ebay sales going on. My Expectations were that it works as well as the rubber-band setup, but not as Rube Goldberg. Those expectations are fading fast.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Okay.....

My buddy got it working. he gas block was misaligned and causing the gun to not cycle correctly.

In the third mode. the trigger resets on the backward travel of the bolt, the cam pushes the trigger forward at this point, similar to the rubber band effect. In essence, the reset time is cut in half. Couple that with a very light, crisp , single stage with nonslack trigger... It is easy to " Feather" the trigger to get it to fire and reset very quickly.

Initially, it was slow.. There is definitely a learning curve and some getting used to required to run it fast. But after several mags, it runs fast.. At about 600 RPM. Reminds me of the Ferfrans SOAR. Im sure with enough practice, magdumps will be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom