• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Gun show at the Frederick fairgrounds this weekend, January 25/26 2020. Hours Saturday 9am-4pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm

Rumor has it there will be more than one building!!...LOL

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    No...the shows have been taken over by Appalachian. Silverado is no more. That left a vacuum in MD shows and Appalachian is stepping in to pick up the slack. Let's hope they can breathe some much needed life into MD gun shows. They have an uphill battle considering the MGS is in session to do their dirty work.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    No...the shows have been taken over by Appalachian. Silverado is no more. That left a vacuum in MD shows and Appalachian is stepping in to pick up the slack. Let's hope they can breathe some much needed life into MD gun shows. They have an uphill battle considering the MGS is in session to do their dirty work.

There is a little more to it. In this area there are several promoters for guns shows. Each promoter has venues they use for shows. Silverado shows were held at the Frederick and Howard County Fairgrounds. Since Silverado has ceased operations it allows Appalachian to use the vacated venues.

Some vendors setup at as many shows as possible. Some only setup at one or two promoters shows. Unfortunately, over time some vendors stopped setting up at Silverado shows. There is no reason to discuss the reasons other than it happened. Over the last couple of months, I have had discussions with vendors about setting up at Frederick and Howard Counties. To put it mildly, there is a large interest. Besides the usual vendors at Appalachian shows, there should be a large amount of the vendors from the former Silverado shows.

The bottom line is it behooves everyone to support this and every show. Even if you can’t make it, pass the word to those that may be interested.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I hope it does work for Appalachian. Unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend and can't go...hopefully I can make Howard County the following week. My concern is many out-of-state vendors still won't want to come into MD because of the stupid laws and they don't want to cull out of their merchandise what's not legal in the "Free" State. Hopefully I'm wrong.

matty123

Jan 21, 2020
    im going to be there, first time going to a gun show, got high hopes of finding a steal on a mosin or sks

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    im going to be there, first time going to a gun show, got high hopes of finding a steal on a mosin or sks

Just go to the South Carol booth and you will find a Mosin at market price. They are not as cheap and Easy to find as years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD

No, gun shows are for fingering overpriced rough or brand new examples or paying store cost for new. They are fun for the oddball stuff you might find and folks you can meet.

The military book guy retired last year so I'm not sure what's down there worth the drive...

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I'm hitting up the Frederick show. I like Gettysburg too but it is a longer drive and I cannot justify the drive. The reward would be minimal. Love the show but I am going to stick to lil ol Frederick this weekend.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    BTW,
    If any IP has a Sub2K with G17 magwell, Bring it. I MAY be interested or be with someone who is also interested :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom