• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Well, I got a e-mail for a "public" meeting on the the wildlife management for the next two years. Feb 11th at 7PM at South Hagerstown High.

This was not public the first time I saw it.

Those are not the current proposed regulation changes that I have seen. Significant changes have been made since that batch came out

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I just got the attachment with that Yesterday. It was sent by the Western Maryland Sportsmen so maybe they didn't have the most updated proposals??

I don't see the current proposals on the website. I guess you got to show up to a meeting to find out then.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Can they throw in Sunday hunting on public lands...…….

These are local issues for Sunday hunting and go county by county. Out West here the Western Maryland sportsmen's group got every sunday for all species but migratory for us. You have to press your local state delegates and senators.

K55

Jan 8, 2020
    I didn't know that, thanks Archeryrob. I would guess at sometime in Carroll County a group has tried to get this changed. Its hard to hunt one day a week and deal with all of the reservation stuff but at least we have some land to hunt.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Delaware when with the Straight walled 'pistol' calibers in rifles for deer hunting last year. No semi-autos, 3 shots maximum.
    http://www.eregulations.com/delaware/hunting/deer-hunting/

Other states allow semi-autos.

We have to find a legislator willing to submit proposed bill. Also. statewide hunting on Sundays (all seasons).

Also .45-70 is not allowed in these 'pistol' caliber regulations, as it is too long. You have to shoot .45-70 in a rifle county.

Good Luck

Jerry

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Delaware when with the Straight walled 'pistol' calibers in rifles for deer hunting last year. No semi-autos, 3 shots maximum.
    http://www.eregulations.com/delaware/hunting/deer-hunting/

Other states allow semi-autos.

We have to find a legislator willing to submit proposed bill. Also. statewide hunting on Sundays (all seasons).

Also .45-70 is not allowed in these 'pistol' caliber regulations, as it is too long. You have to shoot .45-70 in a rifle county.

Good Luck

Jerry

This is why I’m hesitant to broach this topic in Annapolis. All the sudden 8 is down to 3, and MSR’s are banned from hunting.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I do not hunt but allowing a straight wall cartridge option would probably entice me to do so. Having had two cars destroyed via bambi strikes anything to help manage the population more efficiently is a win IMO.

I sent the DNR links to several coworkers.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    you never know????? I remember when people said crossbows would never be legal in Maryland.

I also noted in Region A DNR is proposing 3 days for doe on private land and 2 days for doe on public.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'd like to to see the Sika deer bag limit increased if they are going to include them in the primitive season. It should also be late in Jan or Feb I think. Early ML usually gets them in around the rut now that's its later in the month unlike the early season when they started with all that.
    Straight wall cartridges are a plus as long as they don't establish case length req's or establish bullet diameter parameters to the third decimal along with allowing them.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Anyone know when these would be finalized? Want to start my shopping early for the setup. Now which to go with, 350 Legend upper or dedicated 350 bolt like the Ruger? Decisions. :)
    Henry Big Boy in 44 is in the running too.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    This may push me over the edge,,, I have been trying to think of an excuse to buy that Marlin 45-70 in S.S. and laminate,,,, Had somewhat given up on shooting any dinosaurs

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I dropped a comment. I can't get my son to hunt with me more often than not because to use rifles we have to drive to Carroll County - the added 90 minutes makes him not want to go. If we could use straight walled I will happily update an upper and hunt the family farm with my kids that is ten minutes from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom