Anyone here have a PSA KS47 AR rifle that accepts AK mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Colt made 7.62x39 sporter ARs, so I would not be jump to hop on that train due to clone interpretation concerns. I also have concerns about .300AAC due to the fact that it's 100% parts interchangeable with a normal AR (as in, you could swap anything and wind up with a working rifle, albeit in a different caliber). I don't know about 6.5G. Bolt and barrel are different, which does seem to kill interchangeability.

It seems like the MSP has been fairly consistent vis a vis piston guns being different, which is reasonable given how proprietary they are. You could probably also make a semi-sane argument that side-chargers are GTG, but haven't seen that rigorously tested yet.

My concern is, since my ARs were bought as 5.56 Hbars, swapping the uppers simply make them legal. I do like the AR platform, but I was late to the game getting them. I hate the way they are trying to criminalize previously legally purchased guns. Not sure how they can do it since it was written specifically to exempt the Hbars. Now it's a big whoopsie.

Another weird option is the Troy PAR. I know not a semi, but for kicks and giggles, my buddy did a little 3 Gun shooting with his, and he did ok. He said it was different but fun, and he likes the gun. The gun has had problem with one part (can't remember what he said it was) bit a NZ company makes a beefed up part.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... Of course swap the bolt head on the spare's BCG, and have him check bolt lug clearance with the mag. The PSA bolt looks like they shaved a hair off 2 bolt lugs to clear AK mags.

Chad, the above is right, correct? I mean both the comment about the KS-47 BCG alteration and the problem a standard AR-15 BCG would have in this platform. I know you have an excellent picture of the bolt face that I'm trying to dig up but haven't found.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Chad, the above is right, correct? I mean both the comment about the KS-47 BCG alteration and the problem a standard AR-15 BCG would have in this platform. I know you have an excellent picture of the bolt face that I'm trying to dig up but haven't found.

Here is the pic of the KS47 bolt. I am trying to get some info in another forum, just to see if this is possible .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190215-112152.jpg
      Screenshot_20190215-112152.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 167
    • Screenshot_20190215-110931.jpg
      Screenshot_20190215-110931.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 237

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here is the pic of the KS47 bolt. I am trying to get some info in another forum, just to see if this is a possible .
    They evolved over time too. Although he's protecting my confidentiality by not listing a customer's work, he's done a little KS-47 upper work for me and had compared earlier and more current bolts from PSA and perhaps put the gen 1 into gen 2 form. I haven't run out to pick up the items, so am going on what I remember from pics he sent (that I need to find, lol). They were also highly polished when he was finished - looked gorgeous.

Sirex