• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We are hoping that the Kalashnikov USA series of KR 9 Rifle s will finally be released to the shooting public this year. Short of the hi cap mag these should be legal in MD / Does anybody see a reason why not ? Kalashnikov USA also offers a pistol model that we will need to have submitted to MSP for approval.

kr-9-rifle-kalashnikov-usa-1.jpg

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Short of the hi cap mag these should be legal in MD / Does anybody see a reason why not ?

Copycat test. If it's got a flash hider and a folding stock, it's banned. If that muzzle device isn't a flash hider, or if it comes with a bare muzzle, or the stock is pinned, it would be fine.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Copycat test. If it's got a flash hider and a folding stock, it's banned. If that muzzle device isn't a flash hider, or if it comes with a bare muzzle, or the stock is pinned, it would be fine.

This begs to be a SBR. Fixed.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton

I would just have my FFL remove the "flash suppresor". After it's SBR'd I would get it threaded for 16x1 LH for the proper Vityaz muzzle brake or 1/2x28 if you intend to run a suppressor.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I would just have my FFL remove the "flash suppresor". After it's SBR'd I would get it threaded for 16x1 LH for the proper Vityaz muzzle brake or 1/2x28 if you intend to run a suppressor.

You can't do that, though, because SBRs are still subject to the copycat test. It's still a semi-automatic rifle which accepts detachable magazines, so you can't have it be less than 29" in OAL or have more than one of the "evil features."

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    You can't do that, though, because SBRs are still subject to the copycat test. It's still a semi-automatic rifle which accepts detachable magazines, so you can't have it be less than 29" in OAL or have more than one of the "evil features."

SBR'd length is 27.5", you can cut the barrel and thread it at 29.1" or pin and weld the muzzle brake. Just don't put a flash hider on it.

http://russtock.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_99&product_id=398

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapo...vv-fhmb-vityaz-smg-muzzle-brake-9x19mm-m16x1/

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    SBR'd length is 27.5", you can cut the barrel and thread it at 29.1" or pin and weld the muzzle brake. Just don't put a flash hider on it.

http://russtock.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_99&product_id=398

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapo...vv-fhmb-vityaz-smg-muzzle-brake-9x19mm-m16x1/

How hard would it be to cut this barrel back for a Form 1 SBR project? Would a Smith need to remove the barrel? The barrel would need to be cut back to 10.25" or 10.5" with pinned muzzle device. It would still look pretty damn good IMO. The benefit is, as a rifle you can buy it over the counter no HQL needed. Pistol or rifle...........hmmmm, that is the question.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    How hard would it be to cut this barrel back for a Form 1 SBR project? Would a Smith need to remove the barrel? The barrel would need to be cut back to 10.25" or 10.5" with pinned muzzle device. It would still look pretty damn good IMO. The benefit is, as a rifle you can buy it over the counter no HQL needed. Pistol or rifle...........hmmmm, that is the question.

A smith should be able to cut and re-crown the barrel and add threading without removing it.

If you get the pistol and SBR it, you would need to obtain the Vityaz folding stock, it is specific to this design, the latch is on the front trunnion as opposed to the rear trunnion on the AK 100 series rifles (AKS-74, AK-74M), etc.).

Also the pistol still needs to be submitted to the roster, if you want it ASAP the rifle is gtg.

Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    Awesome. Is there a specific thread or site to watch for announcements on what/when anything is accepted to the roster? Really excited for this as well

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Confused about mags - are they proprietary to the platform?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I heard they interchange with Skorpion but they don't look right. My bet is proprietary. Guess that means you stock up when you buy but they don't look cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom