• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Sanner's Lake is hosting the 2019 Chesapeake Cup on Saturday, Feb 9, 2019.
    Planning a Tier 3 match with 10 stages, round count of about 150. Match is open to CCP, CDP and BUG only. Match fee is $50 (waived for staff).
    Trophy only match (no shirts, limited prize table)

All shooters must be IDPA members with current classification.

Set up will be on Thursday, Feb 7, staff shoots on Friday, Feb 8. Main match on Saturday Feb 9

STAFF NEEDED: Safety Officers are needed for the match. If you can help, sign up as staff. You do not need to be certified to work as staff.

Registration is open at

https://practiscore.com/2019-chesapeake-cup/register

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Over 100 folks registered, but there are still a few spots open. If you would like to shoot please register ASAP.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Curious, is attendance to this event significantly MD residents? in relation to being a good event to travel to for OOS residents.

Good Luck to all..... MD residents that is :)

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    In for CCP. I'm curious as to the limited number of divisions. Stages suited for 6 or 8 round mags?

Last edited:

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    While we certainly have more MD residents than anything else, folks come from all around to shoot this match.

The stages are not designed with any particular magazine capacity in mind.

The limited number of divisions are to encourage folks to shoot divisions they do not normally shoot. This also enables folks to get bumped in divisions where it is normally impossible.

The state match in May will have all of the IDPA legal divisions available with the exception of BUG and PCC.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    These are always fun matches with interesting stages. Usually don't find any disappointed contestants.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I was really hoping to shoot CCP, but I wont have my gun before the match. But, I've borrowed a CDP gun so I'm in. The state Match was great last year, so I'm sure this will be too.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    When do the details about what time to show up on Sat and course descriptions get sent out?

PS says registration is 7:30-8:30 safety brief at 8:45. So I'm guessing hammer down is 9:00

I hope the gun I borrowed works, test fire and sight it in tmw. Nothing like last minute preparations :party29:

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    PS says registration is 7:30-8:30 safety brief at 8:45. So I'm guessing hammer down is 9:00

I totally don't see that information on either my individual registration link or on the PS match link -> https://practiscore.com/2019-chesapeake-cup/register

But thanks for that info - now I know when I need to leave my house.

I hope the gun I borrowed works, test fire and sight it in tmw. Nothing like last minute preparations :party29:

I'm picking up my CCP gun this afternoon (Glock 19) and adding sights/trigger tonight, so I'm in a similar boat. Good luck!

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I totally don't see that information on either my individual registration link or on the PS match link -> https://practiscore.com/2019-chesapeake-cup/register

But thanks for that info - now I know when I need to leave my house.

I'm picking up my CCP gun this afternoon (Glock 19) and adding sights/trigger tonight, so I'm in a similar boat. Good luck!

I wanted to shoot CCP, I forgot to check the list. I just did the paperwork on my frame after months of waiting for it to be added to the roster. Should be able to start building it next week.

If you follow your link, 4th line down. "Friday is for staff. Saturday check in will be open from 0730-830. Safety brief at 0845"

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    It was a cold day, but it was a really fun match. Thanks for making nice and smooth. That stage with the car was particularly great. It was my first time there, first time competing in CCP, and first time getting a match classification bump! The match will always have a special place in my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom