• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    isn't a assumption ffl dealer calls nics less than 15 minutes for not disapproved walk out the shop with your new purchase

NICS does not have the MD records that MDSP researches for your application. Think back to the questions you answered on the 77R.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    i know that man i was talking about how unfortunate and bogus for this 30 plus day wait when state law clearly states 7 days isn't our fault!!!!things would be different if maryland had a CCW

Some other states allow those with CCW permits to bypass more extensive background checks when purchasing a firearm. MD is not one of those states. Even if you had a MD CCW you would not be able to bypass the MD background check that is taking the MD State Police so long. Dont get me wrong I wish we had Shall Issue here in MD, but I dont understand the point you are trying to make.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    my point is....maryland law states 7 days!!!and other states who have ccw you would wait less than 7 days...thats my point....i've been waiting 32 days man this is absurb

***I'm still waiting too - about 30 days now. I agree it is absurd but being a law-abiding citizen makes us beholden to the current firearm laws of this state.

Your choices are to abide, get the law changed, become a criminal, or move to a state that makes firearm purchases easier. That's pretty much it in a nutshell..

Attachments

• my_life_in_a_nutshell_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
      my_life_in_a_nutshell_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
      8.8 KB · Views: 326

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    goodluck man...i made a huge mistake not purchasing in december of 2012 but i was thinking tax time then i was hearing a these 2nd amendment threats soo thats when i went out and finally made my purchase.....this is just complete torture man.......we're all law biding citizens!!!!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Some other states allow those with CCW permits to bypass more extensive background checks when purchasing a firearm. MD is not one of those states. Even if you had a MD CCW you would not be able to bypass the MD background check that is taking the MD State Police so long. Dont get me wrong I wish we had Shall Issue here in MD, but I dont understand the point you are trying to make.

The only "bypass" I know of was in Virginia. Anyone with a VA CCW was cleared to buy as many handguns as they wanted, and thus bypass Virginia's "one-gun-a-month" law. Last year Republicans in VA killed their "one-gun-a-month" law so now they are really good to go...

Maryland's 7-day waiting period is a "cooling-off" period and has little to do with background checks. Even if MSP figured out a way to do a check in 5 minutes if would probably be impossible to change the 7-day wait based on the politics in MD.

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    goodluck man...i made a huge mistake not purchasing in december of 2012 but i was thinking tax time then i was hearing a these 2nd amendment threats soo thats when i went out and finally made my purchase.....this is just complete torture man.......we're all law biding citizens!!!!

I'm not going to let it bother me, basically just bought it because it was a good deal.

deercrazy82

Feb 20, 2012
    Riverdale, MD
    30 days as of today and still waiting this is frustrating I got everything ready to build my lowers and this wait is like torture. Hope MD can figure out a better system than this with the increase of gun purchases they need to do something different.

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    Wow !

I never thought I'd be happy to live in Massachusetts.

Despite our many restrictions and prohibitions, at least I can walk into a shop with my LTC and carry any legal weapon home within minutes.

And we can buy as many as our wallets allow - at least for now.

On the other hand Mass has an AWB, and our Attorney General maintains a very short list of the Handguns we are allowed to buy.

And no Mass FFL can sell Ammo to any Out-Of-State Residents ! Even FTF !

The 2nd Admendment is in trouble everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom