Stamp delivered 7/28/18
    Picked up about an hour ago
    Form 4 individual for suppressor

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I put in a form 4 to make an SBR in August 2017 and in April 2018 the ATF responded that it was denied because MD has banned SBRs. So, my recent experience is about 8 months. I sent in an app for a suppressor in May, and I'm still waiting.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    What were the particulars of your SBR request?

As long as it doesn't fail the copycat test they are perfectly legal here.

I put in a form 4 to make an SBR in August 2017 and in April 2018 the ATF responded that it was denied because MD has banned SBRs. So, my recent experience is about 8 months. I sent in an app for a suppressor in May, and I'm still waiting.
    I applied for and got my factory Colt SBR in 6 months last year. So not sure how or when they claim MD banned SBRs, but then again the ATF barely knows what they're doing

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ibut then again the ATF barely knows what they're doing

Yes, but as you said they will generally approve F1s for an SBR that would be legal here. They are aware of the 29" rule and such, so they will disapprove F1s for stuff that wouldn't be legal here - that's why I asked the guy above for the details of his submission.

I've also had F1 SBRs approved post 10/1/13.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Picked up my Rugged Micro today after the typical 180ish day wait post check cashing for a Form 4 Trust. Now I'm just waiting on the Dead Air Wolverine, which should be the last NFA item bought/transferred prior to leaving Maryland. I'll have to wait till after we move to buy anything else.

ETA: The check was cashed for my Dead Air Wolverine 24 days after the Rugged Micro, so if it goes with the trend I'll have it by the end of the month.

Last edited:

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Hey Hey
    Just received my Form 1 individual back today after 7 months and 3 days.
    One weird thing I want to mention here, 2 days ago I called NFA to check on my form1, they said :" It seems like your form still pending waiting for back ground checked return. Now I got my form 1 in hand. I wonder if they really checked our status in the system or just say what they want to say. Anyway, I am so happy with my Form 1 approved. Christmas come ealry.

mike j

Feb 14, 2018
    Annapolis MD
    They probably don’t check all the calls. I can definitely see them slapping a keyboard like they’re typing and saying “yep pending or just waiting on the background “, casually throwing a handful of popcorn in their mouth. And while all this is going on a circus monkey with cymbals is making sure the day runs smoothly.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Hey Hey
    Just received my Form 1 individual back today after 7 months and 3 days.
    One weird thing I want to mention here, 2 days ago I called NFA to check on my form1, they said :" It seems like your form still pending waiting for back ground checked return. Now I got my form 1 in hand. I wonder if they really checked our status in the system or just say what they want to say. Anyway, I am so happy with my Form 1 approved. Christmas come ealry.

I think something is going on. A friend called yesterday. They said they couldn't tell him much ( been a bit more than 6 months on a form 4 to a individual), but the examiner had told him to hold on. He was passed to a extension and no answer, and the mail box was full. Thinking instead of answering you. They send you to a ex employee's phone extension with a full mail box??

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

That would be a Form 1 to MAKE a SBR. Maryland has not banned SBR, they have instituted a >29 inch rule.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Got a bit antsy today and called ATF on 4 form 4s on a trust, check cashed on March 3rd . Told me they are running 7 months . So I have to be a bit more patient. For some reason this time seems to be dragging out longer, even though my last 1s 2 years ago ran 11 months lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom