• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    What's my rfle worth? There is a used MAK-90 in the classifieds going for $850 if that's the case then what is my NHM-91 worth. It's never been fired, and has been restocked to get rid of the thumbole stock. I have seen all kinds of numbers high and low.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    What's my rfle worth? There is a used MAK-90 in the classifieds going for $850 if that's the case then what is my NHM-91 worth. It's never been fired, and has been restocked to get rid of the thumbole stock. I have seen all kinds of numbers high and low.

Also you can't really go by what anything is listed for. I could put a used Glock 19 in good shape in the classifieds for $900. I'm never going to get that for it. Some people "think" that whatever they have is worth more than it actually is because they have a connection to it. I would check gunbroker and look for whatever you're interested in and see what has sold recently and for what, which will give you a more realistic price.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    This is the first time I've seen a Mak 90 over $600 and I think thats too high. I got mine hardly fired for $500. NHM91 b/n $600-$700....I got mine for $550 OTD from a gun shop two years ago.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD

why haven't you fired it?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Asking price and price received are two very different things. I've seen some downright laughable pricing on some of the stuff in our classifieds (i.e. used guns with prices that are 20% more than the gun costs new.)

BTW,

Unsolicited Public Service Announcement not directed toward anyone specifically: Just because something is "rare" doesn't mean it's valuable. Often, it's rare because it was such a poor seller that the company dropped it from production. This is especially true with late model firearms.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

I paid $179 for a MAK-90 back in '93. :-) *correction* is was $239

$850 is WAY to high... you can buy a real AK (non-ban compliant Arsenal) for that much $$$ now.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    The $850 made me spit OJ out of my mouth the other morning. I have aquired a few MAK90's recently and have paid between $450-$550. I would not pay a $1 over $600.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Asking price and price received are two very different things. I've seen some downright laughable pricing on some of the stuff in our classifieds (i.e. used guns with prices that are 20% more than the gun costs new.)

BTW,

Unsolicited Public Service Announcement not directed toward anyone specifically: Just because something is "rare" doesn't mean it's valuable. Often, it's rare because it was such a poor seller that the company dropped it from production. This is especially true with late model firearms.

Im glad Im not the only one that laughs at some of the asking prices of stuff in our classified.

A used gun or any item is not worth what it is new. Why would anyone pay over what you could buy a new one for? Its no wonder some stuff just keeps on getting relisted, and never sells.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    If Mak90s are going for 850 mine is for sale too lol :thumbsup::D Hell I have a NIB Polytech Legend milled Ill let go for the bargain price of 4k:lol2:

No I'm not selling either one Zane .

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    oooooooooooooooooo.....is this an auction?

Attachments

• gavel.jpg
      gavel.jpg
      17.6 KB · Views: 240

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I would have to double check with my expert and have him take a look at it. If he agrees it is worth six hundred I will give ya five bucks for it. Gotta love pawn stars

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hows the NHM-91 stack up to the VEPR?
    Quality-wise, about the same. Not having to do the double stack conversion is a big point in the 91's favor, IMHO. In fact, it should be a lot cheaper all around to do a nice NHM-91 conversion. I've basically given up on Saiga/VEPR conversions unless it's an oddball caliber for an AK (7.62x54R, .308, 12g, etc.), because they're just not that cost effective.

As for how much it's worth, maybe $500-$600 depending on condition and conversion. Wait a couple months for BHO to get re-elected, and you might even be able to pull ~$700. But I doubt you'd ever see $850.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom