• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    As I have been exploring a retirement in Texas, I've come to notice a number of MDS folks have already moved there, are in the process of moving there, or, like myself, are in the planning stages of making a move to the Lone Star State. Would it be possible to have a subforum for discussions of "voting with your feet?" Whether for Texas specifically, or for moving to Free America in general, a place to share solutions to interstate moving problems could be helpful to the community.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As I have been exploring a retirement in Texas, I've come to notice a number of MDS folks have already moved there, are in the process of moving there, or, like myself, are in the planning stages of making a move to the Lone Star State. Would it be possible to have a subforum for discussions of "voting with your feet?" Whether for Texas specifically, or for moving to Free America in general, a place to share solutions to interstate moving problems could be helpful to the community.
    I think this would be fun. We've had mod who lives down there. I think the new MDS owner lives there too. And as you said, there are plenty of active Texas posters.

I can see the Moderators being concerned that there might be more and more states petitioning to join the Union , but if there's a sense that there's sufficient participation from a particular region/state that could sustain the subforum, why not. Although I'm in MD, i enjoy learning about what's neat to do/visit in other states, where the cool gun stores are, and what the local gun laws and issues are.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I'm stationed here, originally from Texas. I'm from Austin right in the capitol so if you have any questions about the area let me know.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    We even have a IP that moved there!

My wife works for a company that has an office in Ft. Worth. There is a possibility that she may take an office director job there. At this point it has been put on hold, but may be in our future this year.
    My wife has a sister near (in Texas terms) Austin and we visit at least once a year. We love it there.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Please no!

I say that only because I can't wait to move back home, and if I see a sub forum on here dedicated to Texas that's the only one I'll read. And I don't need any more anxiety about wanting to get back. :)

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is Maryland Shooters. We have forums for contiguous states because we would by the nature of geography have things to share in terms of shooting events, outdoors events, regional politics and so forth.

While Texas is a lovely place, so I hear, this is not Texas Shooters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom