• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Do you guys have a special range bag? I use a backpack that is getting messy and I don't even have a handgun yet. Some of the "range bags" are pretty pricey when they are just bags with different size pockets.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I have a nice heavy duty duffelbag made of canvas strapping/ fire hose materiel. Heavy metal zippers. Great for mags, tools, waterbottles, and ammo.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    After looking without success at purpose built bags, I ended up with one of these from Bass Pro. Canvas Tackle Bag The price was great, and it has several outside storage pockets for stuff.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I got the large Rehead (bass pro shop brand) range bag with an Xmas gift card a few years ago. I think it was around $65. Has held up to major abuse, and I like that it doesn't have that tactical gear look which can draw more attn in and out of hotels etc.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    midway large range bag. all their bags, gun cases and the like are great deals for the dough, especially when on sale which is frequently.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Check out 5.11 range bags. I bought one about three years ago and it's fantastic. Not one problem and holds a ton of stuff. Think they run about $100 but they are large and well made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I use a $15 Cabella's fishing tackle bag. Plenty of zippered pockets, durable and cheap. Large enough to hold my stuff, pistol and ammo, but not huge. And I don't wear a target on my back if I need to take out of the truck on the way.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have an inexpensive midway 40" rifle bag, a generic 52" shotgun bag and a nice can't remember the brand 46" rifle bag. I also have a smallish Cabela's fishing/range bag that was about $13 on sale that can fit my ears and eyes, 8x32 binoculars a small cleaning kit and about 80rnds of .308 in it. Usually it is hoping 40 of .308 and 100-200 of 22lr and I'll take my 22lr and .308 to the range in the rifle bags. Or I'll take my muzzle loader and my .50 ammo can loaded with my BP supplies.

Trip for trap shooting has my 870 in my shotgun bag and trap supplies in my range bag

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    Another Midway range bag user here - my wife bought them for me and my son as a christmas gift a few years ago. I also use a Pelican 1510 case as a range bag - Easier rolling a lot of ammo than carrying it

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Check out 5.11 range bags. I bought one about three years ago and it's fantastic. Not one problem and holds a ton of stuff. Think they run about $100 but they are large and well made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the one I have and love it. I purchased it when they were having one of their 40% of quick holiday sales the other year. I just couldn't see paying $100 for a bag. But then again, I really like the voodoo tactical double rifle bags. I guess I have to watch for their sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom