• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    How does a group get an invite to meet the Governor at the State House? For those with Facebook https://www.facebook.com/larryhoganmd/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1223476831030413

Looks like a group from Harford county adult daycare was at the State House for a photo op with the Gov.

How about an MDS or MSI meet up with the Governor?
    Speaking for MSI, we would like to know the answer to this because we have been asking and can't get one

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sometimes you have to pay to play:
    Join Hogan for Pig Roast Aug 6 Hampstead
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=196141

I would be happy to kick in a few bucks to help send a member of the 2A community to this event as a major sponsor.

I'm sure he would be happy to take your money, not sure if he would be happy to discuss 2A issues with you...Probably a waste of time, money and effort...but at least you could go away knowing 100% where he stands..

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I mistakenly made my way up to the 2nd floor just outside his office, :innocent0 , during the last 2A Tuesday. Was greeted by the officer who, after hearing what I wanted to talk to him about & making a few calls, referred me to a lower staffer down in the basement. I guess that's where I rated.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I mistakenly made my way up to the 2nd floor just outside his office, :innocent0 , during the last 2A Tuesday. Was greeted by the officer who, after hearing what I wanted to talk to him about & making a few calls, referred me to a lower staffer down in the basement. I guess that's where I rated.

Gutsy.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I would like to point out that if 2A advocates have to stoop to ambushing the governor in order to corner him on 2A issues, it's probably a sign that he's not on our side...

Does this mean you're not going to pony up $45 for a seat at the table?

Does this mean you're not going to pony up $45 for a seat at the table?

No, because I am convinced it's a waste of money. And I can't go in person because you all know I am way too confrontational to be a good representative for our issue..Someone needs to go that is more tactful, but not afraid to ask the tough questions..No offense to DBLAS but I heard his interview on WBAL with C4 back several months and I think he went too easy on the issues at hand...the tough questions need to be answered...

Honestly I don't expect the Governor to give you guys time of day, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised...Tell him I said Hello and that I still need a GOOD AND SUBSTANTIAL reason to vote for him again...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No, because I am convinced it's a waste of money. And I can't go in person because you all know I am way too confrontational to be a good representative for our issue..Someone needs to go that is more tactful, but not afraid to ask the tough questions..No offense to DBLAS but I heard his interview on WBAL with C4 back several months and I think he went too easy on the issues at hand...the tough questions need to be answered...

Honestly I don't expect the Governor to give you guys time of day, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised...Tell him I said Hello and that I still need a GOOD AND SUBSTANTIAL reason to vote for him again...

No offense taken, but that was still before the deadline I was waiting for which was the beginning of the Legislative session.

You will notice that since the beginning of the 2016 session, I haven't said "wait and see", nor have I told people to continue to die their time, or not be as bombastic on social media. I have also gone head to head with his social media folks on FB and called them out on bogus info when the stated the Governor couldn't do anything and we needed to change 2/3 of the legislature.

I'm still tactful, but I'm less agreeable than 7 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom