• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Midway competition range bag, they go on sale on a regular basis. I got mine on a 50% off sale.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Check out the GPS line. I just bought the tactical backpack for IDPA matches. It's built like a tank and has organizers built in so you can find stuff fast. I really like it. I've been using a small basspro redhead bag before this and it has held up very well for the modest cost.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Have you looked at the idea of recycling computer or laptop bags, zipper pockets, padded, cost half to a 1/3 of new range bags and you have a stealth bag that doesn't say "Hay look I'm carrying a gun"

I have a number of new or all most new that I will post on the board if there any interest. :rolleyes:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I've got a Browning range bag that was a gift for participating in a celebrity sporting clays event almost 10 years ago. Pockets on each end and a large one across the front, hand grip and a shoulder strap. Inside is large enough for ammunition and several handguns.
    brngpic121501991.jpg
    I think there have been some threads about using tool bags for range bags. Very heavy duty and don't look like firearms bags if that is of concern to you.
    http://www.lowes.com/pl/Tool-bags-Tool-boxes-tool-bags-Tool-storage-work-benches-Tools/4294770557

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Another vote for LA Police Gear. I've got two of their bail out bags, one that I use for a diaper bag and the other for a range bag. They're great for a pistol bag but a little small if you're trying to bring multiple handguns or long guns along with you. A Glock 17, 5 mags, a few hundred rounds of 9mm, some targets, tape, eyes, ears, and a water bottle all fit. Once you start throwing in a few boxes of 45-70 it gets crowded (and heavy).

If you're patient, you can find them on sale for 10-20 bucks. At which point you will buy three bags and a hundred dollars in other stuff you don't need to get "free" shipping.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I use a Black & Decker tool bag so neighbors and citizens don't give me a second look.

Ha. I was thinking the same thing as all my neighbors are left of Lenin.

I like to keep the peace and leave controversy out of the neighborhood.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Have you looked at the idea of recycling computer or laptop bags, zipper pockets, padded, cost half to a 1/3 of new range bags and you have a stealth bag that doesn't say "Hay look I'm carrying a gun"

I have a number of new or all most new that I will post on the board if there any interest. :rolleyes:

I like this idea. I have a briefcase that I never use.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I use a laptop bag that also has room for 1 day's worth of clothing for travel.

Room for pistol, all my mags, all my tools, my targets, and even has pockets for my collected brass for reloading.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I like the carry straps on Laptop bags they are wide and don't roll up, helps when you carrying a couple guns mags, ammo, tools etc.

I have a couple old school laptop bags that would handle SBR's.

I guess the next thing on Gun control you will be required to have a High Visibility Carry bag with a Neon Sign, Gun stand back 25 feet! :lol2:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have made great use through the years of 50 Cal ammo cans. That said, I acquired on of these a few months back:

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-X-Large-Deluxe-Pistol/dp/B002LTLXB8

Only used it a couple times so far, but love it.

I paid a bit over $30 plus shipping Upper $30 total, IIRC) at an online clearance sale and knew Bulldog to be generally decent stuff. These retail at $50 - $60. They are all over the internet for $40 - $50 including Ebay.

Found my online receipt. Mine came from an Ebay Store, 36.99 plus 5.99 shipping...so a bit more than I reported. Don't see anything on there right now for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom