• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Had an interesting experience yesterday. I had time to myself (rare and valuable for me), so I did a kettlebell workout and ran off to the range.

Turns out I may have overdone it a bit as I could really feel the muscles in my arms, but no wife, no child, free time--how often do I get that? I'll just deal with it.

So I pulled out my GP100, and omg I can't hit Spit. :sad20: Even reloading was an issue after around 100 rounds as my forearms started twinging. Normally the gun is heavy feeling, but its not a problem. Today there is a massive accuracy loss!!! This just wasn't working.

Then I pulled out the Glock 26. Waaaaaaay better. You could still tell I had tired and sore arms, as I shot a bit worse than usual, but it was just a bit worse, and not all "OMG all over the place". The night and day difference with a fatigue factor added in was dramatic.

Something to think about as muscle fatigue can set in for a lot of reasons, including very cold weather, or you are working in the yard, hiking, or even have just finished working out (like me). Weight matters, and not just for carry convenience.

Gundahar

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Kettlebells are no joke but if you don't know what you're doing it's pretty easy to injure yourself. Just like any heavy lifting, it's better to go light and get your form down first.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Kettlebells are no joke but if you don't know what you're doing it's pretty easy to injure yourself. Just like any heavy lifting, it's better to go light and get your form down first.

Form is everything... weight is by far secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom