Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM #11
inveniam viam aut faciam

inveniam viam aut faciam

Tell her the truth, that if nobody eff's with you they will never find out why you need it (and neither will she), and in the meantime its an excellent choice to practice civilian marksmanship for both personal and national defense. After all, each time the professional military has improved its basic weapon so have the civilians, e.g. blunderbuss, musket, rifle, repeating rifle, semi-automatic rifle, etc. Ask her how she would like being limited to a Model-T while the government is using modern vehicles.

BTW, not to hijack the thread, but I saw that British armored vehicle riding down York Road again 8:30 Saturday morning - too cool. Screw the Lexus, I want one of those!
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM #12

Do you really need 300 hp to get to the grocery store?
sundazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM #13

I wouldn't want to be caught dead with 10 round pmag, Its so last year.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-CS Lewis
altima98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:42 PM #14
R.I.P.- Hooligan #4

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4

“I can afford it, I like the comfort, it’s what I wanted and it’s my choice.” That was her answer to you and it is a good answer.
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM #15

Liberty, thats why. . . no excuse or 'need' required. I have used this exact statement with a anti coworker. . .he had no response and hasnt said a word to me about it since.
niftyvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM #16
ADHD chicken fighter

ADHD chicken fighter

I usually avoid any of the "need" conversations and ask them why they need a car that goes faster than the speed limit. I think by defending our need, we go on the defensive and most antis don't buy it.

per Huckleberry; You may not believe in Jesus Christ but you better damn sure believe in Norton
shaddydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:52 PM #17

Why we need as many bullets in our magazine as possible.

1. People miss. The NYPD only hit their targets 35% of the time. The means that for every 30 bullets fired, only 10 hit the actual target.
2. There are multiple reports of people getting shot 6+ times and continuing to attack.
3. There are multiple reports of people being forced to engage multiple targets.
4. Banning these magazines have not been shown to reduce crime or mass shootings. What is the point in banning something when it has already been proven to do nothing?

Why we need Semiautomatic rifles

1. They are the most customizable rifles on the market. Anyone from a 100 pound woman to a 300 pound man can customize them to make them comfortable for their use.
2. The AR-15, possibly the most popular rifle in America, fires a .223 round. This round is known for its low recoil and its ease of use. Once again, anyone for a 100 pound woman to a 300 pound man can operate this firearm easily.
3. The Ar-15s ammunition, .223, is known to tumble when being fired at a wall. This means that in a home defense situation, if you miss your target, your stray bullets will be less likely to travel through multiple walls and injure innocent bystanders.
4. Banning these firearms have not been shown to reduce crime or mass shootings. The FBI has reported multiple times that the AWB of 1994 did nothing to stop mass shootings. What is the point in banning something when it has already been proven to do nothing?

This is a pretty short list, I’ve read a ton of other reasons. I actually kind of wish someone would write an in-depth article on this so we can just start posting it all over the internet every time we see someone say, “But why do you NEED an assault rifle?” Frankly, we should not have to explain why we need these.
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:03 PM #18

Why do you have more than one roll of toilet paper in your home?

Why does your vehicle need a gas tank that holds more than three gallons of gasoline?

Why do you buy a 24-pack of water bottles at one time?

Why do we need a 5-day or 7-day weather forecast?

Why can you buy beer by the case?

Why do hot dog rolls come eight to a pack?

Why are underwear sold three to a pack?

Why ask why??
Lawyer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM #19

Politely tell her that the "needs" a regiment is a straw horse. People that are putting that language in her head are doing it with firearms because it is an emotional issue. At some point they will move from rounds in a gun to ounces of Coke in a cup at 7-Eleven......oh wait.

NO WHERE in the Constitution does it say what anyone "needs." It's not the government's, or your neighbor's responsibility to say what is "too much."

Ultimately it comes down to USE and not ability. As long as any object is used in a safe manner, then its potential is irrelevant.

"Above all we must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - President Ronald Reagan
TxAggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:16 PM #20
"NOT DISAPPROVED"

"NOT DISAPPROVED"

I have encountered this question before as well, and here is the analogy I use:

If I'm out hunting a dangerous animal, like a large feral hog, I can do so with a bolt-action rifle from a tree stand. However, if I am out walking on the ground through thick brush, in an area with a population of feral hogs, and I have no idea where they are or which direction they could be coming from, I want something that shoots rapidly and holds as much ammo as possible. I don't want to get gored while I'm reloading. Facing an unknown threat in your house is no different. And we're talking about my life and the lives of my family members, with just me, and no backup... 30 rounds? I would have 100 rounds in my gun if I could!
Nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues

Tags
2nd amendment, 30 round mag, why 30 rounds, why have an ar15