• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    So those pistols become class 3 when you attach the stocks or is there an exemption?

From BATF:

If a person has a pistol and an attachable shoulder stock, does this constitute possession of an NFA firearm?

Yes, unless the barrel of the pistol is at least 16 inches in length (and the overall length of the firearm with stock attached is at least 26 inches). However, certain stocked handguns, such as original semiautomatic Mauser “Broomhandles” and Lugers, have been removed from the purview of the NFA as collectors’ items.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-...shoulder-stock-does-constitute-possession-nfa

Jul 1, 2012
    From BATF:

If a person has a pistol and an attachable shoulder stock, does this constitute possession of an NFA firearm?

Yes, unless the barrel of the pistol is at least 16 inches in length (and the overall length of the firearm with stock attached is at least 26 inches). However, certain stocked handguns, such as original semiautomatic Mauser “Broomhandles” and Lugers, have been removed from the purview of the NFA as collectors’ items.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-...shoulder-stock-does-constitute-possession-nfa

There's a whole bunch of stocked pistols listed specifically in "Section III" of the Curio and Relics list ATF-5300.11 (this is the stuff removed from NFA).
    Browning 1903, BHP, Colt 1905, etc etc etc. which are legal.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Mawkie and Mustangs:

The stock was given to me previously in the same haul. No, it doesn't fit; now I know why. I made a call and I'll be picking up the Canadian Hi-Power this week. Thanks for pointing that out.

Like your style instead of selling the stock get another gun!

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I picked up one of these, as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpg
      IMG_4056.jpg
      111.1 KB · Views: 88
    Jul 1, 2012
    Ah yes, the ubiquitous 1911 stock with plastic (?) mainspring housing.
    Gotta have the 16" barrel installed for that one!

Jul 1, 2012
    Looks like an older one with that latch so not surprising it's steel.
    I had one and never got the courage to shoot it when I saw the barrel pointed about 10-20 degrees off-centerline :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom