• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River Hill

Dec 15, 2012
    Maryland
    Sell your 6920LE model to an FFL and add cash towards the Colt 6920HBPW with Socom barrel.

Your son gets a legal Colt every bit as good as what you give up, and maybe better.

Win-win-win.

I doubt I will find I MD dealer who wants this, knowing they can't sell it. May need to go out of state.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will see what he wants to do.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I doubt I will find I MD dealer who wants this, knowing they can't sell it. May need to go out of state.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will see what he wants to do.

You might be surprised. Plenty of MD FFLs sell out of state. They probably couldn't make their nut if they couldn’t.

Final note: your Colt and the MD legal 6920HBPW are almost indistinguishable side by side.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    like that actually matters. cause we sure see a lot of arrests over that, and state police breaking down doors over.

It does matter, because it's the law. Like it or not.

You don't get to pick and choose which laws you want to comply with.

Forum rules prohibit advocating breaking the law BTW.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    It does matter, because it's the law. Like it or not.

You don't get to pick and choose which laws you want to comply with.

Forum rules prohibit advocating breaking the law BTW.

i think a lot of people pick and choose, do you ever go over the speed limit?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Saying a lot of people pick and choose is a little different than saying it doesn’t matter. And as a matter of fact I don’t speed, not that it has anything to do with the topic being discussed.. And if I did I would deal with the consequences. A speeding ticket isn’t a felony BTW.

Don’t say it’s no big deal. It will be fine until it’s you or a member here who read your post that gets prosecuted.

And me getting a speeding ticket has absolutely nothing to do with saying it doesn’t matter

Are you ok with being prosecuted if you get caught? I somehow think you are not

If you don't think it's a big deal, that's on you. But don't come on here telling others it's not a big deal. We abide by the laws here, especially firearms laws, screwed up as they may be in MD.

It's not a big deal until you're the one in court.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I prefer to deal in the reality of the point being discussed. All your arguments are theoretical. The poster said don't bother following the current law as it exists now.

Laws are laws and it saying they are "random" is clearly your opinion and not fact. “Random laws” do exist, so in light of the forum's rules on advocating breaking them, your post are against the rules here. Don’t bother with a snarky retort as it won’t be answered

My point is do what you want, but don't come here and say following the law is not necessary or prudent as the probability of prosecution is low. Theoretical situations are fine for discussion, but have no bearing on the real world.

Are you willing to be the test case?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom