• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • langdon2009

Sep 18, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I’m a resident of Baltimore City and been in the military or a bit. Right now I’m currently serving in the National Guard and I’m very interested in carrying a weapon with me. I hear that it’s almost impossible to get one unless you’re military, blah blah blah or blah blah blah so I think that my chances are good but my uncle keeps saying it’s unlikely that I’ll get approved because he didn’t get approved and is prior service and a federal employee. Is it really as difficult as they say it is to get a concealed carry permit here?

I’m a resident of Baltimore City and been in the military or a bit. Right now I’m currently serving in the National Guard and I’m very interested in carrying a weapon with me. I hear that it’s almost impossible to get one unless you’re military, blah blah blah or blah blah blah so I think that my chances are good but my uncle keeps saying it’s unlikely that I’ll get approved because he didn’t get approved and is prior service and a federal employee. Is it really as difficult as they say it is to get a concealed carry permit here?

If you don't own a business and make bank deposits, have multiple documented threats of violence, or other good "reason" to get a carry permit- yes, it is next to impossible.
    Being in the military will not cut it.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    He is quite right. I'm fortunate because when I was in the service I was in law enforcement. So I'm covered under the LEOSA Act. Being in the military or formerly in the military makes no difference. Being a federal government employee makes not difference. Working at the Pentagon, having a security clearance and carrying classified materials makes no difference.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Join MSI. They may be able to help.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Do you have a Top Secret clearance? Was your personal information compromised by the 2015 OPM breach? Either of these are an "assumed risk" category for a CCW application according to MSI.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Jeez I thought living in Baltimore City would be enough lol.. I’m going to the police academy soon I’ll just wait then. This state is really crazy

We have been fighting and living in this hell-hole for a good bit most all of us .
    The MSP and Frosh and even before Frosh have been beating up on us , we understand that all the King's Men deserve protection and guards but the peasant's are not worthy .

Good luck at the academy

Acorn

Nov 6, 2017
    He is quite right. I'm fortunate because when I was in the service I was in law enforcement. So I'm covered under the LEOSA Act. Being in the military or formerly in the military makes no difference. Being a federal government employee makes not difference. Working at the Pentagon, having a security clearance and carrying classified materials makes no difference.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. Being a federal employee or military and a secret security clearance involved in the OPM breach are enough to be considered assumed risk, as long as you can make a reasonable arguement to the HPRB. Top secret clearance and part of the OPM breach rarely even needs to appeal to the HPRB in order to get the MSP approval.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Statement #1 - Way more difficult in Md that it ought to be , on both Constitutional grounds, and for wise public policy .

Statement #2 - The chances are better than absolute zero , and better than some people think.

At the upcoming Quarterly Membership Meeting of MSI , there will be a Seminar on Wear & Carry Permits, and application process thereof following be business meeting . Complimentary for MSI members, open to public for nominal donation . (random MSI official please add time and location details to this thread )

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I seem to remember seeing who in a thread here a cpl weeks ago . The MSI website has a lengthy description of the contents , but doesn't name the staffing .

Several Officers and Board Members are active here , perhaps they can fill us in .

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Do you have a Top Secret clearance? Was your personal information compromised by the 2015 OPM breach? Either of these are an "assumed risk" category for a CCW application according to MSI.

assumed risk as in "maryland will issue one" or assumed risk as in "you accept the risk and your on your own"

I'm sure there are several readers of this forum.. that this applies to. What does this really mean? Does this mean MSI will help get the CCW or the appeal process.. etc etc?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

To make a very long and stressful story short I was at the wrong place in Baltimore City at the wrong time(I think the whole city is the wrong damn place!) got my weapon taken and ran through MSP. Had one in the chamber and it got cleared. Got my weapon back and it was missing that one in the chamber. Don’t know if the cop picked it up and kept it or some idiot criminal picked it up and will use a 9mm +p round in his Iver Johnson .38... Should I be worried?
    Mr. Angels & Demons, you have done little to dissuade us from believing you are nothing more than a (2 years asleep) troll.

Perhaps go to the introductions thread and post up about yourself, so we can know you are only a high-spirited youth, and not a slime-lapping sack of feces.

Link: https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

If not:

th

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom